Aussie Bands

No one has mentioned Blood Duster,Sakkuth or Pod People. Why the hell not, go buy everything from them,cept you can't get Sakkuth's really good ep cos it's not on sale,but just get someone to burn it for you.

Check out Infernal Method to,if you get the chance,they fuckin rule sooo sooo much.

I see Trent and Dave's recommendation for VP and raise you my thumbs up (for VP, that is - none of this smutty innuendo from me, thank you very much! HAHA!). Great band! :)

Naturally, for metal acts, I'd also recommend Crimsonfire, Enter Twilight, Infernal Method, Psi.Kore (sorry, Mark! :D ), Dark Order, Fury, Earth, Alchemist, Alarum + a whole shitload more, and for non metal, the very excellent Tania Moran (if my sources are correct, her new album should be pretty amazing! ;) )

Originally posted by Aces_High

Atomizer - the end of forever (Old Schol black metal ...with a bit of humour thrown in for good measure , tracks include "Now thats fuckin evil" , "the only good human "is a dead fucking human" etc)

I bought this today and listening to it now. I heard about 5 mins of them at overcranked a month or 2 back and thought they sounded pretty cool so I got it. Twas cheap too :)

It is pretty good. I love how inside the cd booklet along the bottom it says "Evil Fuckin Hellrockin Black Motherfuckin Metal from Down Under" heheeh :D

I saw Segression open for Ozzy in 1998. I refuse to buy any of their stuff - I don't care if they have a whole new sound or suddenly developed some talent, I ain't listening to em!

Originally posted by Goreripper
Have you heard the new album Southy? It's like 'Smile', but worse.

No i haven't but the idiots i surround myself with seem to think it is better..ahhh well next time i see 1 of them i shall ask for a listen..

oh and spiff :p :D, mum always said if ya ain't got nothin better to say why bother?, so i ain't sayin nuttin am i?

How can segression change so much from LIA to Smile, They alienated people who used to love them in the quest to be cool.
:lol: apparently chris raand's mum dresses them before shows.

I really don't get Alchemist.I know nearly everybody else thinks they are awesome but i have seen them 3 or 4 times now(mainly at M4TB) and some of their songs sound quite good until they put the weird keyboards in!

I am not against keyboards in metal...i just don't like the way Alchemist do it

anyway, some favourites are(and i know they have all been mentioned already) in no particular order

Mortal Sin- Mayhemic Destuction( i only have this on Vinyl!)
Dark Order-5000 years of Violence
Fury-Stigmatised
Dungeon-Resurrection
Dungeon-A Rise To Power
Allegiance-Destitution