Can we claim NZ bands as our own? =P

1. crowded house.... JOKEZ!!!

nah

1. NeOb
2. Be'lakor
3. COG (not really metal but shhh)
4. Severed
5. Empyrean

I guess smw aren't really metal... but they play with metal bands regularly, so they can probably pass on the list. Johnny "from the Dock" Farnham has to go though. ;)

haha johnny "for the last time" farnham

Whoa...hard question....

1) Ne Obliviscaris
2) Be'lakor
3) sleepmakeswaves
4) The Amenta
5) Virgin Black

...though that's just off the top of my head to be honest...lots of killer Australian bands!

In no particular order; Ne Obliviscaris, Abramelin, Be'lakor, Empyrean and Virgin Black. smw deserve a mention too

I really don't know many bands. But...

1) Ne Obliviscaris
2) Alchemist
3) Psycroptic (not a fan of the new stuff)
4) Destroyer 666
5) Astriaal

Other notable bands: Alarum, disembowelment, Mournful Congregation, Hobb's Angel of Death

Well you can bet that any band that is on my Welkin booking agency I'm a big fan of, and those bands are:

Be'lakor
Empyrean
Separatist
Aeon of Horus
Black Orchid
Eye of the Enemy
A State of Flux

Aside from them-- Psycroptic, Ruins, Astriaal, Alarum, Voyager, Virgin Black, Truth Corroded, Daysend are all bands that I am big fans of.

Sleepmakeswaves, Eleventh He Reaches London & Mushroom Giant are then a few not quite metal bands I love as well. :)

I don't think I commented on it here, but it's interesting that on the metal obsession top australian releases, Eleventh He Reaches London doesn't even rate on the popular vote, but was scooping the top spots of the staff (and now mentioned by you, Tim). Might just be a lack-of-exposure thing, or possibly a categorisation issue. I haven't heard anything by them myself, though I'm quite intrigued now.