Favourite Aussie bands

Timmo!

They sound MEAN. I like it. People are going on about Melodic Death Metal being a long-gone fad or as "not hard enough", but these guys (Infernal Method) are really busting it out. Heavier than 10 Kerry King's in a mack truck but still with a sense of melody.

And from one of my favourite places on earth (Sydney), woohaa

HEHE :p :p

Will check out Dungeon next... :D

I've been foloowing up on In:Extremis up until the point where the reformed as Screwface:13, but I haven't been able to find out if they've actually recorded anyhting under this name.... Ideas People? :confused:

Originally posted by Spike
I've been foloowing up on In:Extremis up until the point where the reformed as Screwface:13, but I haven't been able to find out if they've actually recorded anyhting under this name.... Ideas People? :confused:

The track on JJJ three hours of power cd was recorded as Screwface:13 but for some reason they released as In Extremis. I have no idea whats going on with them,but I wish I knew.

Originally posted by Spike

I think they did one song on an Adelaide compilation, but I'm not sure.

Now, The Pimp been readin' all the typical names on this post (Alchemist, Sad-X, Destroyer, etc), all great bands but I's hasn't seen the name of one of the great Aussie metal bands of all the times. Ya'll know who I's mean.
The Rock Gods who blew Bolt Thrower off the stage all those years ago. The band that shattered metalhead eardrums up and down the country for well over a decade.
I's mean Armoured Angel ! The legends of metal made flesh with their beyond brutal sounds!
They are gone but not forgotten.
But the other great Aussie bands (apart from the ones mentioned at the top) past and present include:
Reign Of Terror (with ex-Armoured Angel, Lucifer on bass)
Sindablok
Embalming Eve
Mytile Vey Lorth
Psychrist
Planet Collide
Devolved
Dungeon
Chalice
Enter Twilight
Crypted Darkness
Forlorn Suffering
Infernal Method
Malice
Dark Order
Fury
Alarum
Lord Chaos
And so many other great metal bands from over the years.
Rock on, Australia
The Pimp NeonBlack

Why's that, Ripper?
I's loves them. But I's believe that even the Mytile lads themselves where a little disappointed with the Bloodlust gig. I's didn't get the chance to see them up there (money problems & all) but they've always put on solid shows in Canberra, even when the PA guy fucked up and forgot to put the lady-singer's mircophone volume up for half a song (thank ANU refectory sound guy on the Chalice/Dungeon tour, bang up job as always).
Any-hoo, they's be havin' their's next gig in a month or so. I's get ya'll up to date.
Peace
The Pimp NeonBlack

Winmar,
Armoured Angel broke up back in '99 (see Armoured Angel thread in the Australian section for details).
I think they released 3 full length albums (Mysterium, Angel of the Sixth Order, but I can't remember the other one) & about 2 or so EPs.
If ya'll want to know what some of the Armoured boys are doing. Lucifer has joined Reign Of Terror. Yuri is continuing with Psychrist & has started "Kill For Satan", an awesome thrash covers band (Blasphemor from Mayhem likes them). And one of the drummers, Steve, is now drumming for an excellent thrash/grind band called Fistication here in Canberra.
Well, as I's said before, if ya'll wants anymore info on Armoured Angel, go to the "Armoured Angel" thread on Aussie/NZ music thread.
Peace
The Pimp NeonBlack

Sweet, I'll check it out. I haven't got any of their stuff, other than a song or two taped off the radio, so any idea where I can pick up one of their albums second hand or something?

I's think ya'll only be able to get any Armoured Angel stuff in Australia in second hands shops like Revolution CD (Canberra & Sydney only) but I's know there's some first hand copies still avalible at Impact Records in Canberra. Go to Impact Records & I's thinks they'll be able to help ya.
Cheers
The Pimp NeonBlack