Favourite Aussie bands

Originally posted by Heartless
I heard and liked Devolved. Kinda like the Australian version of Cryptopsy.

not at all
devolved are more like a brutal fear factory, in my opinion, has blasting and more agressive vocals, but its got that systematic futureistic feel to it, but their miles better than fear factory, i aint a fear factory fan, but thats a similar artist, worth checking em out

Lord Tim, I 'spose she tickled your fretboard did she? Do me a favour and keep her. I'm shattered, anyway I'm in love with the flute player from Chalice. You owe me a favour, can you set me up. Listen. Did you ever hear of an eighties band called escape. I'd like to know what happened to them? Maybe the guys from Fury would know.

[color=#AOEOOA]There's a Perth Progressive Metal band by the name of Modus Vivendi, that put out a 3 track Ep ("Power of Suggestion") a year or so ago. Damn fine if you ask me if you're a fan of Pain of Slavation, Dream Theater, Symphony X.

It's in Metal Mayhem in melb or underground metal shops.[/color]

Originally posted by Lord Tim
Escape were that band with all of the costumes and stuff like that, yeah?

I'd have a look on Goreripper's excellent Metal Guide and see what info he has on 'em:

http://www.geocities.com/goreripper/

Escape aren't on the website, but they are in my book. I didn't include them on the web because it's a Geocities site with limited capacity so I only have bands on there that actually released stuff, which to my knowledge Escape never did. They split up about 1990 or something and haven't really been heard from since.

Originally posted by Aussie_Outlaw
[color=#AOEOOA]There's a Perth Progressive Metal band by the name of Modus Vivendi, that put out a 3 track Ep ("Power of Suggestion") a year or so ago. Damn fine if you ask me if you're a fan of Pain of Slavation, Dream Theater, Symphony X.
[/color]

Agreed! Modus Vivendi are great.

Have to add

Oni - Saw them for the first time at Bloodlust 2 , sensational , they need to play in Sydney more often along with Sakkuth.

Abortus
Excruciate , Who also need to play in Sydney more.

Originally posted by Lord Tim
Yeah, man - drop by the site sometime! :)

And Pseudo Echo does rule, so to everyone else except Heartless: :p

:lol:

Tim, for saying that you must eat pee and drink poo!

haha

I guess Devolved are like a heavier more chaotic Fear Factory. I'd put them somewhere between Fear Factory - Demanufacture and Cryptopsy - Whisper Supremacy

The only let down was the vocals are lacking, but he has left the band now so they should be able to improve with a better vocalist.

i thought nik was a good vocalist
but until they find a new vocalist brett nordin the guitarist and the original vocalist is filling in on the vocal duties
i disagree with the comparison to cryptopsy, i feel that cryptopsy is more intense and more technical than devolved
but i do agree with the more chaotic fear fac comparison

Originally posted by Heartless
The only let down was the vocals are lacking, but he has left the band now so they should be able to improve with a better vocalist.

Yeah Nik's vocals annoyed the crap out of me. I'm not a great fan of that hardcore style of singing, especially when it doesn't vary at all from song to song. A bit of variation in the vocal stakes always makes things much more interesting.

I'm a big fan of Dreadnaught's first album, Flowers is simply brilliant. I've actually got their demo before the album lying around somewhere, i got it for $1 !! It's got Playing with Knives and Twisted prayer on it too... Down to zero is okay, not as good as the first one, way too much "rock" for me, not enough "FUCKING METAL BITCH" for me :lol:

Alarum are a class act, although i don't like the idea of the vocoder vocals on the pre-production demo...! Scary thought!

Segression's LIA is pretty decent, some of it is great, some of it is not. Their new stuff is just :eck: bad.

Allegiance, great band, both of their cd's were great... First on was better, destitution, although skinman was pretty good, if not a little too 'hardcore' for me.

The wolves are pretty damn good, although i've only heard a few songs, i can't get my hands on anything they've released/haven't released :lol:

and of course my band Unthroned!!

Nice name. Dethroned anyone? :lol:

ive got the wolves
bite the hand that feeds 2002 sampler
which has a few recorded tracks and a few live tracks
its pretty cool, but im still waiting for a full length album
which never seems to be coming :S