Australian Band Survey

Speaking of Australian bands, who's going to see Dungeon on the 31st of Aug?

BTW, don't ya think it's wierd that you mention Anarion and they haven't even gigged yet???

Cyas

I will be there!!!!!

Jozxyqk: who are you? I probably know you somehow if you know Anarion, because they haven't gigged.

I mentioned them because their music is so damn GOOD!!!! And the new album is gonna be WAYYY better than those demo tracks, i went in the studio with them one day to watch them recording, it's sounding great, and Ric is a far better singer than Danny hahaha. I'll be hearing the completed, mastered version on Friday (the day its being mastered hehe, I'll be one of the first to hear it), can't wait!!!!!

Jozxyqk = Chris :p

Bastard, I'm not gonna ge at the mastering because I'll be out of town all weekend. Let me know how good it sounds! Hopefully gigging will be on the cards very shortly!!!

Cyas

Hehehehehehe.......actually my girlfriend gave me a keyring complete with bells, so I really will be there with bells on!

Originally posted by Bucko
Umm might ge showing my age but here goes.
1. AC/DC
2. Rose Tattoo
3. The Angels
4. The Sreaming Jets
5. The Radiators .

Bucko,
you stole my list!!!(although i have to say i've been pretty disappointed with the Jets over the last couple of years)

anyway,
if we are talking OZ metal
MORTAL SIN (true OZ metal pioneers!!!)
Allegiance
Dungeon
Dark Order
PSI Kore

Hahha , gee Ralphe what great taste we have . I have heard of Mortal Sin yes pioneers of metal in Oz most definately, but how about Bengal Tigers, Escape, Buffalo .

I've only ever listened to AC/DC, PIV and Dungeon, all of whom rule! Though AC/DC don't rule anything much more than retro rawk radio playlists at the moment :).

I've seen The Poor live twice (dreadful!) and The Screaming Jets, who were OK but not good enough to make me race out and buy one of their CDs.

Also, Orion's (from Perth) demo tracks are brilliant. Look for an EP from these guys soon.

W

I've actually heard one of the new tracks by Orion and it was pretty good. Quality of the recording wasn't too flashy but it's a good tune.

Cyas

Originally posted by Bucko
Hahha , gee Ralphe what great taste we have . I have heard of Mortal Sin yes pioneers of metal in Oz most definately, but how about Bengal Tigers, Escape, Buffalo .

Escape...wow,there's a name i haven't heard in years.I saw them (and i think also the Bengal Tigers) at Selinas way back in 1985 or 1986 as part of the Metal Crusades!!I love John the Beast's collection of guitars that he had back then.
I haven't actually heard any of Buffalo's music(although i am well aware of the history of the band) but in fact i will be having Dave Tice (singer for Buffalo for those of you who don't know)and Mark Evans playing at my birthday this year!!:loco:

I have to say I was really impressed with Psi-Kore.
To be honest, I thought they would be shit, but they were actually pretty damn cool.

If I'd only known some of there songs I think I would have really, really liked them.:)

Originally posted by Sydo
I have to say I was really impressed with Psi-Kore.
To be honest, I thought they would be shit, but they were actually pretty damn cool.

If I'd only known some of there songs I think I would have really, really liked them.:)

Go Sydo!! Psi-Kore rule! Pioneering Conflict!!!!!!!!! :)

I really should have bought the CD they had for sale at the 'Deth concert. :(