A survey for your completion

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
1. Which of the following is closest, in your estimation, to being a Metal God?

a) Ozzy Osbourne
b) Rob Halford
c) Ronnie James Dio
d) Lemmy
e) other (please specify)

2. Related to another thread: what was the first song you remember hearing that had swearing in it?

3. What are your three favourite shows on free-to-air TV at the moment?

4. Who is your favourite from this year's Australian Idol?

5. Does anyone actually know the names of any of the horses in this year's Melbourne Cup?

6. Can you remember who won last year's Melbourne Cup?

7. What do you think of bands which are pretty much just the projects of one person, such as Iced Earth, WASP, Whitesnake and (now) Megadeth? Do you respect them as much as normal bands made up of people who work together and are an actual group?

8. Have you ever known someone only on the Internet who died? Did his/her death affect you differently to someone you had met in real life?

9. How has your year been so far? Anything exciting happen?

10. Who, in your opinion, has the gayest username at MD?

a) Ozzy Osbourne
b) Rob Halford
c) Ronnie James Dio
d) Lemmy

Id say C, as Ronnie has stuck with metal through thick and thin.

2. Related to another thread: what was the first song you remember hearing that had swearing in it?

Probably a Guns And Roses song.

The Simpsons, Everybody Loves Raymond, Australian Idol

Chanel. That cheating ho.

5. Does anyone actually know the names of any of the horses in this year's Melbourne Cup?

Nah. maybe the people riding the horse, but that would be it.

A horse.

7. What do you think of bands which are pretty much just the projects of one person, such as Iced Earth, WASP, Whitesnake and (now) Megadeth? Do you respect them as much as normal bands made up of people who work together and are an actual group?

I dont mind them, except when one of the greatest vocalists ever leaves and they make a shit album.

8. Have you ever known someone only on the Internet who died? Did his/her death affect you differently to someone you had met in real life?

Nope.

Same as usual.

I dont know. Is anyone named after Halford?

a) Ozzy Osbourne
b) Rob Halford
c) Ronnie James Dio
d) Lemmy

Dio~! :headbang:

Which ever song from Appetite For Destruction swears first~! :headbang:

The Practice, CSI Miami, Frasier. 4 - Air Crash Investigation

Lame. Lame. Lame. The only good thing this year's Australian Idol has accomplished is to make last year's finalists seem good. (except Noll)

Does anyone care about horse racing the other 51 weeks of the year? No.

The TAB, cigarette manufactures and Rob Mills.

It never works out. I guess most individuals only ever have 2 or 3 original album ideas over a lifetime. An alternate opinion should always be mandatory in song writing after those first few albums.

How would I know if they died? I'd only assumed they finally found something better to do with their lives. In essence, I suppose that could include dying.

Pretty shit actually, one of my worst. Although short vacations in Queensland and Sydney partially make up for all the horribleness.

Anyone named after their favourite song/band. That is so 1998.

a) Ozzy Osbourne
b) Rob Halford
c) Ronnie James Dio
d) Lemmy

Dio for sheer longevity and consistency

KISS: Get All You Can Take

The Bill
Cracker
Jonathan Creek

The crimson one

Nope

Nope again

All those bands are examples of egos gone mad and they would benefit a lot more if other members were allowed to flex their creative muscles and contribute equally.

Hasn't happened to me, so can't comment.

Meh...

Nothing particularly frivilous or homosexually inclined springs to mind

W

a) Ozzy Osbourne

probably that "who the fuck is Alice?" song

South Park, Friends, Home & Away... only ones I seem to watch.

Daniel and Courtney

ummm, is Savabeel in there? I picked it to win the cox plate and I felt so proud.

uhhh... Rogan Josh? Hahaha, Nothing beats Octagonal and Nothin' Leica Dane... even if they didn't win the cup.

I see them sort of as solo projects, I guess, not really as bands.

nope

saw Metallica for the first time :D Started up Tank Space which is going awesome.

that one's too hard.

Which of the following is closest, in your estimation, to being a Metal God?

a) Ozzy Osbourne
b) Rob Halford
c) Ronnie James Dio
d) Lemmy

Ozzy or Lemmy

I don't remember actually. That Detachable Penis song seemed a bit rude when I first heard it though that's not really swearing. Maybe So What or something.

INSPECTOR REX
Neighbours and CSI I suppose

No favourites, Courtney maybe because he has a girl's name.

Hug's Dancer or something weird like that is one of favourites I think

Yes why shouldn't I

I know someone on the internet who's fish died. That count?

It hasn't been too bad. Nothing super-exciting has happened yet.

Old Tezza with MetalMeshuggahMan has to figure in somewhere.

a) Ozzy Osbourne
b) Rob Halford
c) Ronnie James Dio
d) Lemmy

I think probably Dio. Refer to my Dio appreciation thread from a couple of weeks ago for why Dio is so awesome. But that said, Rob Halford is THE metal god, so he does deserve some recognition.

I would have no idea which was actually the first, but I think it may have been a Guns N Roses song also.

Hmm. The Simpsons is probably my all time fav show, and that is always on, so that. I am into Idol, though I am not sure how much I like it, I just like having an opinion on it, and it does suck me in a bit. Other than those, The OC and Rove are the only things I watch consistently.

RAW and Smackdown are the only things I watch religiously, but they are on pay.

Probably Ricki-Lee, I wanted her to win and am still cut about it. Personally I really like Courtney, but I don't think he should win, Anthony should win.

Some people might, but I don't.

No. I hate horse racing.

I think it is fine, and can totally understand why someone would want more creative control over their material than someone in a group who only has 25% or less input. That said, it would still be wise for them to work with others to an extent, and when I think about it, I do have great respect for a group of people so in tune with each other that they can work well together.

I don't believe so. As for how it would effect me compared to that of someone I knew in real life, I am not too sure, as I really don't know that many people who have died strangely enough. I have wondered in the past though, what it would be like if someone of this board died. Would we ever even find out, or just assume they had stopped liking the place?

Cripes, easily the most action packed year thus far. Most of that action was bad, and overall has probably been the worst year of my life, but there has been some good to come from it, and possibly more good to come (or more bad, who'd know).

Gayest...hmm. Not too sure about gayest.

Without looking at any else's answers:

d) Lemmy. He IS metal.

I remember buying 'Highway to Hell' because, in one song, Bon sings "shit".

Law and Order
NCIS
The Shield (except I never get to watch it coz it's on so late. Wait a minute! It's on in fifteen minutes! Woo hoo. Oh... no it's not. There's some dumb movie on instead! Damn you Channel Ten! Stop repeating the Simpsons. Please. You're spoiling it.)

Marty, but he's gone. So Courtney, coz he reminds me of Ricky May.

Media Puzzle

Media Puzzle. Or was that the year before last? I can't remember.

Of course. Considering I don't play in a band, have never recorded an album or written a song, I respect anyone who can do it at a reasonably competent level, whether they're a one-man band or otherwise.

No.

Let's see: moved house, got further estranged from my daughter, got the missus pregnant... It's been ok

Ceydn. No wait, that's his actual name! Um... Goreripper.

This looks reasonably interesting... I'll play.

a) Ozzy Osbourne
b) Rob Halford
c) Ronnie James Dio
d) Lemmy

Ronnie!!212loLZtehmetalz

greased lightning - Grease (hah, bet no-one got that!!!)

SVU - American Chopper - NCIS

Aussie Idol is gay!

Realistically and literally? Definitely you eggburger

A jockey and a horse of some description

So what, if the musics good who gives a fuck?

no, and no.

Crappiest year ever - my dad died August 22, my beautiful dog died October 15.

probably yours.. :tickled:

Cannabis = heaven

a) Ozzy Osbourne
b) Rob Halford
c) Ronnie James Dio
d) Lemmy

I'll go with Halford on that.

Hmm...probably something by Kevin Bloody Wilson or Rodney Rude.

The OC
The Shield
Survivor (though i havent watched as much of it as i would have liked to)

Chanel.

Hugs Dancer
Makybe Diva
Media Puzzle
She's Archie
Mamool
Vinnie Roe

I dunno...was it Media Puzzle?

I dont mind...I can respect them as much as a band that has full input from anyone.

Nope...like someone else said...how would you know? Maybe they just pissed off. Unless someone they knew come and posted somewhere they had died...even then maybe it was just an elaborate rouse to fake their own cyber death hehe

Hmm...this year. Saw Edguy and got ultra drunk with Eggi and Felix...that was pretty exciting. Got a new job...I'm sure more cool stuff has happened...maybe i'll remember it later.

Probably Pablo Gaystabar...oh wait...that's not a person? Umm...I'll say Plattopus, just for the hell of it :kickass:

a) Ozzy Osbourne

Something by Queen, can't remember. (Machine is right, I saw Grease when I was 3 or 4 so that would have definately been the first).

Who Do You Think You Are?, Green Wings quite funny but it finished last night, and Never Mind The Buzzcocks. Not that I really watch that much telly mind.

Meh.

Meh.

Meh.

They are generally shite, and no I don't respect them as much as proper bands.

Not that I know of.

My year has been shit.

Dunno.

Lemmy

Can't remember for sure, but I remember WASP - Fuck Like A Beast being played a lot at high school when it first came out.

Umm...Survivor, although this series isn't as good as earlier ones, The Simpsons and Dr Who.

Billie.

Horse racing is evil and wrong, and I refuse to have anything to do with it. Other than take the holiday, of course.

See question 5.

They're OK. No more or less respect than anyone else, as long as the music is OK.

Dunno.

Pretty shit, to be quite honest, but it's still better than 2001, 2002 and 2003 were. Bring on 2005, the year of the phlog, I say! As far as excitement goes, two birds flew into my house the other week, and I had to chase them out with a towel.

Mark. What sort of a username is "Mark"? That's not a username at all. Maybe if it was "Mark of the Beast", or "Mark of Cain" it would be different, but it's just "Mark", so it isn't.

b) Rob Halford

I don't take notice of that sort of thing!

Criminal Intent,NCIS,Bold and The Beautiful
Casey
can't really remember,can't aford to bet this year so not taking any notice of the names of the horses.
Maykbe Diva.....riden by the brother of the jokey who died in the Cox Plate
If the music is good who cares!
No
It has had it's up's and downs.
Spiff sounds like what boys do in private!

a) Ozzy Osbourne
b) Rob Halford
c) Ronnie James Dio
d) Lemmy

Halford.

Cant exactly remember. I think it was some rap song.

Inspector Rex, Iron Chef and the 2 star treks.

Meh.

Nope

Nope

Doesnt really worry me unless they make crappy music.

Nope.

Not really.

Havent really given it much thought.

b) Rob Halford

one i wrote when i was 7 - 8 and it was also the same year i started listning to motley crue

Sit Down, Shut Up - Blokes World - South Park (would be simpsons if they were new and wasnt 3+ hours a day of it)

dont watch it

dont gamble and dont like things that shit while they walk

see above

A single mans vision can be much more awesome than a few people with there mind on different things while hitting on there band mates sheilas

nope

Crap Cruefest got the axe

none that i can think of

VINNIE VINCENT

2. Related to another thread: what was the first song you remember hearing that had swearing in it? Rap albums...

3. What are your three favourite shows on free-to-air TV at the moment? Sit Down Shut Up, Passions, The O.C.

4. Who is your favourite from this year's Australian Idol? Chanel was.

5. Does anyone actually know the names of any of the horses in this year's Melbourne Cup? Nope.

6. Can you remember who won last year's Melbourne Cup? Nope.

Couldn't care less really as far as "respect" goes but nothing beats a band who is a BAND, where every member's unique personality makes up the band's vibe & sound (eg. early KISS, Motley, VH with Roth, etc) And they need to start making video clips where the band is like a gang again, like in Too Young To Fall In Love, I Wanna Rock, Wanted Man, etc.

8. Have you ever known someone only on the Internet who died? Did his/her death affect you differently to someone you had met in real life? Nope.

9. How has your year been so far? Anything exciting happen? It's been ok! Not really.

10. Who, in your opinion, has the gayest username at MD? MetalMesshuggahMan won there!

Spiff said:
b) Rob Halford

As far as I can recall, it was GnR - It's So Easy.

Oz
South Park
At the Movies

Couldn't give the slightest fuck.

Couldn't give the slightest fuck.

Couldn't give the slightest fuck. Haven't watched the cup for about five years.

I prefer 'real' groups, but as long as the music's good, I'm not too bothered.

Not yet, touch wood.

Started off pretty well, as me and Wenny Winmar were driving around this great land of ours for the first month. Started full-time work a few days later, which I'm yet to enjoy. Struggle for money, and have missed at least 3 major gigs this year as a result. So overall, it hasn't been much good since the end of Jan! St Kilda had a very good year though, which made things better. Then on Oct 9 I lost all hope for this country.

Blimey, has anyone had a decent year?

MetalMeshuggahMan is by far the gayest username I can recall.