Aussie Bands

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
OK, listen up.

I want people to recommend CDs by Australian metal bands for me to go and buy. Basically the only Aussie metal band I have a CD of is Dungeon, so please feel free suggest any you think I may like. Also mention who they're similar to so that I don't go and unwittingly buy a CD by some Slayer clone.

Much obliged! :)

Oh and a band called Superheist, buy the ep Eight Miles High, its brilliant :D

:worship: Have Your Way and Pulse :worship:

They do rap sometimes though, so be forewarned, but they still rock :D

Superheist have come a fuckin LONGGGG way in the last few years...until the singer left or whatever not long back

What about Allegiance, iknow they are old and long gone but they were good IMO, get the album Skinman by them 'tis good thrasy type stuff.

I know there are loads more but i just can't think of anything at the moment

I preferred Superheist when they were a grindcore band.

Spiffy, you need to get:

Both Earth albums
All of Dreadnaught's stuff
Black Steel's 'Destructor' (Euro-power/progressive metal)
'The Headless Horseman' by Pegazus

Dark Order - 5000 years of Violence (Great Slayer-esq thrash mixed with some death elements :)

Alchemist - Lunasphere , Spiritech , Organasm (one of the MOST ORIGINAL bands on the planet...umm Psychedelic metal...mized pretty much every genre and adds even more no metal elemets to create a sound all it's own :D

Atomizer - the end of forever (Old Schol black metal ...with a bit of humour thrown in for good measure , tracks include "Now thats fuckin evil" , "the only good human "is a dead fucking human" etc)

Black Steel - Destructor (80's trad/power metal in the vein of ManowaR , Hammerfall , Preist , Maiden etc)

Cryogenic - Ego-Noria (Great Agressive Post-thrash metal...chuggin riffs , angry vocals :mad:

Choke - Smokin' tailpipe action (Groovy grind-core....think blood duster with out the blast beats...similar lyrical themes ...)

Enforce - Campfire Night (Death/thrash metal...fuckin awesome stuff)

Mortal Sin -Mayhemic Destruction , Face of despair , Rebellious Youth , Revolution of the mind (Legendary Aussie thrash bands...got pretty big back in the day)

Allegiance - Destitution , Skinman(another huge OZ thrash band...were on the brink of greatness and then the ass fell out and they dissapeard...don't ya hate that)

SyZyGy - Prominance(Instrument Prog rock/metal group...fuckin awesome stuff)

Umm thats all i can think of off the top of my head...but there's a shit load more great aussie metal out there

Originally posted by Aces_High
Atomizer - the end of forever (Old Schol black metal ...with a bit of humour thrown in for good measure , tracks include "Now thats fuckin evil" , "the only good human "is a dead fucking human" etc)

:lol: :lol:

Are Pegazus as cheesy as some people say? Might leave them til last :)

I heard a bit of Allegiance years ago, not bad, didn't buy anything though!

I've seen Alchemist on Heavy Shift a couple of times - always that same instrumental song about spaceships or something. And I remember Mortal Sin - "Mayhemic DE-STRUC-SHUN!", I think it went :)

I wonder if the Hot Metal compilation album is available on CD anywhere. That was great, haven't heard it in years and years though.

Originally posted by Spiff
Are Pegazus as cheesy as some people say? Might leave them til last :)

Yes, but the new album is awesome.

I've seen Alchemist on Heavy Shift a couple of times - always that same instrumental song about spaceships or something.

That's their version of "Eve of the War" from the 70s concept album about the War of the Worlds. They only have two videos and the other one isn't that great (the song is, however).

Vanishing Point - In Thought!!!!
Vanishing Point - Tangled In Dream!

Nobody mentioned them?!??! Top notch melodic metal, very very unique, influences from Queensryche, Pink Floyd, Iron Maiden, TNT, Dokken, etc...

Pegazus - Breaking The Chains
Pegazus - The Headless Horsemen

Yep they're cheesy, especially Wings Of Destiny (overrated album) and Breaking The Chains, but some very catchy songs. Breaking The Chains is more Manowar/British Steel era Priest influenced, and The Headless Horsemen is more Iron Maiden/faster Priest influenced.

That's all I can really add :)

What about Frankenbok? Are they Australian? I heard a couple of their songs in Heartland records the other week and thought I should do some further investigation, but I haven't yet.

How dare you Mark! ;)

They rocked back then, and they will probably rock now :D (Unless they had a really bad show in Brisbane?)