Mogwai - Come On Die Young
The Notwist - Neon Golden
The American Analog Set-Pick one album
Cinematic Orchestra - Every Day
Kings Of Convenience - Riot on an empty street
Stina Nordenstam - And She Closed Her Eyes
Mice Parade-Ramda

etc...

I really want that Kings of Convenience album, I heard one song off it, 'Misread' I think, and was like "Wow I gotta get this", but I haven't been able to find it in stores. :cry:

I totally recommend the new Scar Symmetry album Pitch Black Progress to any Melodic Death metal fans or any metal fans in genearl! They're signed with Nuclear Blast playing kick ass melodic death metal. Seriously the vocalist (from Unmoored and Solar Dawn) fame did a kick ass job on this album. His vocal really reminds me of the brutal death growl yet beautiful clean vocals of Dan Swano on his Crimson albums or even Mikael from Opeth. Musically this is like a mix of Soilwork, In Flames and maybe those clean moments from Edge of Sanity. Its definitely worth a try. New album is out in the US May 2nd!!!!

Check out full songs on www.myspace.com/scarsymmetry or click on my banner of samples to check out short samples from all the songs of their new album!!! let me know what you guys think!!

Ok NFU, may i recommend: (taken from my recommendation on the lord forum)

Ne Obliviscaris

6 piece from melbourne, quite new on the live scene with only 4 gigs under their belt but many more to come. describing their sound? how about something that i have never heard before;

well thought out, complex, atmospheric, powerful, dynamic metal. who do they sound like? no one. brings to mind like a mix between the atmospheres of godspeed you! black emperor with bm bands like taake and xasthur but with their violinist and classically trained vocalists they really bring their music to that extra dimension which is breathtaking.

on their myspace, they say their Influences are: Black metal, Progressive Metal, Thrash Metal, Death Metal, Melodic Metal, Avant-Garde, Western Art Music; which is guess translates to a mix of everything that has created something unique. bassists also be sure to check these guys out, because theirs is absolutely ridiculous. i think the most well thought and written bass lines ive ever seen.

oh and btw, 'Ne Obliviscaris' is Latin for 'Forget Not'

www.neobliviscaris.com
www.myspace.com/neobliviscaris

i just listened to the samples. and youre right...they dont sound like anyone in particular. and you know why? theyre too busy trying to sound like EVERYONE they like. no personality or character or uniqueness whatsoever in this.

that was sincerely uninspired, incoherent, boring dribble. i cant think of a time when i would find that band interesting to listen to, let alone have the desire to go out of my way and do so. sorry, but thanks anyway

Besides Opeth albums!

I have decided rather than my 5 faviroute 10/10 albums i will do my faviroute albums from all different genres.

Guy Davis - Chocolate to the bone: my faviroute blues album ever!

Ray Charles - Very best of Ray Charles: what can i say ray charles greatest ever anyone here who wants to put him down should rethink what reall music is. the man with soul and not affraid to show it by mixing gospel music with jazz and the blues, then somehow manages to make a carrer out of singing old sstyle country music and after all this being remembered as one of the greatest song writers of all time!

Bob Marley - Exodus:who doesnt love a bit of bob marley

Louis Armstrong - Essentials: once again what can i say i guess im a sucker for the oldies stuff i just love the vocals and the movement of the music.

Rotting Christ - Dead Poem: great experience of black metal leaving the old ways and traditional (dare i say shit) and willing to go somewhere else without becoming sellouts like cof and dimmu borgir

Handel - water music: absolutely amazing music i am sorry but i do enjoy my classical music on the rare occasion

Cat Stevens - Remember: probably my faviroute of all classics from before my time, not a song on the album that i dont know word for word for the amount of times i have listened to it. the best thing is i still ahvnt got bored.

Dire Straights - money for nothing: dire straights is all i need to say i think you guys will pick up on the rest

Amon Amarth - once sent from the golden hall: amazing album not your typical death metal stuff i do enjoy alot.

Benighted - insane cephalic productions: great stuff coming out from the land of the frogs good mix of black and death metal.

Nile - Annihilation of the wicked: fucken brilliant stuff middle eastern rifs mixed with the explosive death.

Darkest Hour - hidden hands of a saddest nation: great hardcore album although i know most of you will not like hardcore keep a open mind in saying this i like all of darkest hours albums.

The Dresden Dolls - self titled: very out there brechtian punk cabarete, with a two members a singer/pianist and a drummer

Dark Tranquility - Charecter: good solid album never dissapointing

to conclude i have a wide range of music and if anyone seems interested ina yn of these bands or any bands in the same genre as these i am happy to help you out just pm me and i will do my best to help you out on your journey to find great music
p.s. i dont pretend to be a musician just a loving admirer

lucifer1126 said:
I totally recommend the new Scar Symmetry album Pitch Black Progress to any Melodic Death metal fans or any metal fans in genearl! They're signed with Nuclear Blast playing kick ass melodic death metal. Seriously the vocalist (from Unmoored and Solar Dawn) fame did a kick ass job on this album. His vocal really reminds me of the brutal death growl yet beautiful clean vocals of Dan Swano on his Crimson albums or even Mikael from Opeth. Musically this is like a mix of Soilwork, In Flames and maybe those clean moments from Edge of Sanity. Its definitely worth a try. New album is out in the US May 2nd!!!!

I've just discovered this band a few days ago, and I can't wait for the album to be released.

not included in my wide range would be pop, rap, hip-hop and emo music for i disagree with people no wrigting there own music, people that demand respect for the oppression they have faced and then insulting there own kind by using racist comments and talking about killing other black people, i dislike the way that hip-hop artist all tallk about the same shit (good looking girls) and getting some (theres a time and place and its called with your mates), and music made to purposlly depress people not to express your sadness but too make people have to feel sad when they listen to it and yes there is a big difference for further information on the difference pm me.

NFU, because of your recommendations (also on the unoffical forum) and your sig i went on a limb and bought an Evoken album today. I hope i enjoy it. I like alot of doom metal, mostly the proto-doom style though. So we'll see.

Dudes and Dudettes, just bow down to the album that reinvented music back in 2000 :

Limp Bizkit : Chocolate Sarfish and the Hot Dog flavoured Water !

My way or the Hyway !!

So deep man ...

DEMIgOD said:
NFU, because of your recommendations (also on the unoffical forum) and your sig i went on a limb and bought an Evoken album today. I hope i enjoy it. I like alot of doom metal, mostly the proto-doom style though. So we'll see.

which one out of curiosity?

DEMIgOD said:

nice. extremely heavy and dark, and quite slow. antithesis picked up the pace a bit here and there, but either one of those you cant go wrong with.

their older releases had some more death metal influence in them, but the production is a little less than par, im hoping theyll get repressed one day, but id also say check those out too if you enjoy quietus. i imagine anyone with taste will.