Invocator- Highly Recommended!

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
I picked this up after reading about them & their new release "Through The Flesh To The Soul"........I really liked it & think that Testament fans will also,
It reminds me of Testament/Forbidden meets Hatesphere/Darkane.......Vocals remind me of Russ Anderson of Forbidden(less his high pitched high screams), its a good mixture of Thrash & great leads, like Testament, but holds its own....and will please Death Metal fans alike......its more Thrash than Death......And its on Holiday sale at The End Records....$10(free shipping & handleing in US).....even comes in a Digi-Pack that I picked up........It's my DE pick of the month...check them out......does not sound like Slayer as mentioned below.......

From The End Records:
Danish thrash metal experts INVOCATOR return with their highly anticipated 4th release on the Italian Scarlet records. “Through the flesh to the soul” features 11 tracks of blistering, speed thrash in the vein of old Testament or Slayer mixed Scandinavian hardcore – death metal a la Defaced, Hatesphere or even Darkane, Invocator creates a highly technical & pissed off record that will sure please both fans of Death metal and more speedy oriented riffing.
Crystal clear production by Jacob Hansen (Hatesphere, Mnemic, Raunchy etc…)
First pressing comes as limited edition package

The singer(Jacob) and guitar player in Invocator, also produced Hatesphere's first album.....the lead guitar player is a young guy named Flemming, his leads are awesome.......It's an old band that just got back and reunited, although Jacob is the only original member.........JB(singer of Hatesphere).....says to check out Invocator's 2nd album :"Weave The Apocalypse", it's one of his favorite albums ever!......This band also toured with Dark Angel 10 plus years ago......And Per(Drummer) of The Haunted, used to play with them back in those days.......just some Danish Metal History........

Insania said:
DE, how can you have two picks of the month?

I agree on Invocator, another fine pick earlier last month, too much good stuff...
That's easy, cause this thread was my pick for November,(started in November), but no one commented on it til yesterday......And the Children Of Bodom was my pick for December.....Thats How!....Any more questions?

How come the girls are always picking on me?..........And are wrong most of the time?...........Come on girls...........Lighten up!

toilethead said:
And "mega" cheers to The End Records for dishing out music at real prices. They actually have a clue how to combat piracy. :cool:
Thats exactly right TolietHead(TOTT Webmaster, & high ranking TOTT Staff Member).......I was given the Advance album by JB(singer of Hatesphere).....
but ordered the digi-pack anyway from The End Records, in fact I picked up a 2nd CD & gave it away as a B-Day present to some lucky Girl! The End is the best!......My favorite store & I don't even have to leave the house!

Deadly, you were right on the money with this cd. They are HEAVY, and your description of them sounding like Testament/Hatesphere/Darkane is pretty true. The guitars do remind me of Eric's style of using those harmonic minor octive chords. KILLER CD !