New to Opeth

mastodons drummer = the fo shizzle (sorry thats the ghetto coming out in me...too much time hangin around with decadent in the 'suburbs' :p) but both the haunted and mastodon are extremely overrated.

P.S. get my arms your hearse...it took me a couple listens to get into that album but once i actually sat and listened i was hooked right from "IT WAS ME PEERING THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS" :headbang:

Mastodon overrated? I hardly know people who like Mastodon. But they do attract a lot of weirdos, looking at the most popular downloads in my DC share.
What the hell is a fo shizzle?

I head some Mastodon stuff and it does sound cool. The vocalist and drummer both came from Lethargy. I heard of them and got their discography cd. That is some fantastic stuff. http://bnrmetal.com/groups/lety.htm The drummer is sick. He's more over the top in Lethargy.

The drummer is over the top. As far as The Haunted goes, I'm trying to get into them. So far I am liking them, but maybe it's because I'm a thrash fan. The vox of this style take a lot of getting used to. I first heard of The Haunted when their drummer played on the latest Artillery album. He can really play.

Back to Opeth-What I really like is how they blend the really softer moments with some loud crunchy stuff. These portions are usually surprises. Are the rest of their albums like this too?

You almost guessed it, I hate trash.

And what you said about Opeth is true for almost all their songs.

Just bought Damnation and Blackwater Park. Some very good stuff here. I transfer all of my music to HiMD minidisc and it looks like I'll have one disc dedicated to Opeth now. I'm going to assume Damnation is before Deliverance? Or did Koch chop it all up?

welcome to the best forum ever. opeth are good. buy their albums. go to their concerts. play Halo 2 single-player on "heroic". it's hard.
bye.

I would say that if you don't have their cd's and that you have just bought Deliverance, you should buy the first one: Orchid then, Morningrise then, MAYH then SL then blablablah. IMO, if you do it in that way I think you'll be able to enjoy and see the different changes that Opeth has made and achieved during the past 10 years, do you know what I mean?
At least that's what I did. I mean, the first time I heard MAYH, then, I looked for the previous ones.

\m/ :kickass:

Luz.-

^never again for me. i'll be sending you the beers i have in the fridge as well as a bottle of vodka. id send a bottle of whiskey but apparently i drank the entire fucking thing on new years eve.
*dorian starts to gag*

Please! no more vodka for me, one year ago I got a fucking overdose of vodka, and it was incredible, I drank about a liter of it alone...lol the wildest puke that I threw in my whole life my friend. Disgusting.

Luz.-

luz, dear, thank you for that pleasant story. although, i will have to disagree on the whole one liter thing. thats nearly three times more whiskey than i drank and i almost died. so, i will be anxiously awaiting a revised, accurate, edition of your anecdote.

I'm really liking the direction of Deliverance, as opposed to the harder edged Blackwater. That's a great album, too. The thing is I have trouble breaking the ice with death metal vox, so to speak.

So far Opeth is fantastic. I also look for music that will stand out years from now and not get played out. It seems Opeth is one of those groups.

You're welcome sweetie. I was in this stupid party, where everyone were playing video games and stuff like that. That was boring 'cause I don't play video games at all, except for Karmaggedon.
So I brought a bottle of vodka in case I get bored there which I did, so I offered to that bunch of retards a glass of vodka and no one wanted. So I went outside, I sat at the front door with a couple of cigarrettes and then started to drink... and well, you know the rest, it was almost midday and I was so fucking wasted Dorian,... that was the last time I drink vodka.

Luz.-

ok. but i still dont think you drank a LITER of vodka. sounds more like 250 ml. also, did you smoke two cigarettes at the same time you were drinking? when you would sip the vodka, did you just move the cigarettes over to the side of your mouth? these are the important questions.