Help wanted for optimizing Mix and Tracking Room (in Germany)

EachHit

ScytheBeast
Dec 21, 2013
Germany
Hey,

I am searching for somebody who can help me out in optimizing my Mixing Room and my Recording Room.

So I thought maybe the Subforum Merch Stand would be the best place for that.

To be honest I wouldn't even know where to search or whom to ask to get professional Help on optimizing both Rooms. I wanted to keep it as priceless as possible. The Recording Room has some treatment but I think the Place where my Drumkit is standing needs some treatment.

If somebody could help me out with tips and Tricks that would be cool.
I am located in the 49406 (PLZ) Area.

Heavy Greetz

I know GIK Acoustics will give you room advice if you send them a budget, pictures, and a description of your room.
I've used it before. They really helped me out.

I know GIK Acoustics will give you room advice if you send them a budget, pictures, and a description of your room.
I've used it before. They really helped me out.

Thanks for the Link. I will give the Site a closer look tomorrow.

Maybe there are some other Users who can give me advice. For the Beginning I wanted to have more a kind of DIY Equipment.
That would save some money I could spend on some other Stuff.

Heavy Greetz

I did my studio treatment DIY... but with an awesome project from Glenn http://www.runnel.com/
Worth every penny. The guy is a genius and offered the best service and support I ever seen.
He provided an extensive list of materials including the number of nails. Amazing.

Just say that Arthur Dantas from the universox studios in Brasilia Brasil indicated. =)

Check some designs here

I did my studio treatment DIY... but with an awesome project from Glenn http://www.runnel.com/
Worth every penny. The guy is a genius and offered the best service and support I ever seen.
He provided an extensive list of materials including the number of nails. Amazing.

Just say that Arthur Dantas from the universox studios in Brasilia Brasil indicated. =)

Check some designs here

This link looks also pretty interesting. But I would like to work with somebody talking the same language as me cause there are still a lot of things I am having to understand and express in English.

Heavy Greetz

This link looks also pretty interesting. But I would like to work with somebody talking the same language as me cause there are still a lot of things I am having to understand and express in English.

Heavy Greetz

I speak portuguese, English is not my native language. Glenn is super easygoing and is very good in understanding "shit english" lol

If you go with him, just make sure you ask for the metric system, thats all. The project is super easy to understand too, very graphical

Hey...first off it would be helpfull to know what exactly you want to achieve...What do the rooms look like? What are the problems? Budget?

MFG Martin

Hey...first off it would be helpfull to know what exactly you want to achieve...What do the rooms look like? What are the problems? Budget?

MFG Martin

Hi,

I had a thread at the John Sayer Forum with some pics and drawings:
http://www.johnlsayers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19368

But haven't had a respond on that. That's why I am trying it here.

My Problem is that I haven't a very good sound on my listening position. A Problem what I figured out myself is that I have very few Information about 2-4K where I sit. Couldn't even hear EQ changes in this areas about 2-3db very good. I have to out my Hands behind my Ears to listen if there's too much going on.

I just want to have a decent sound to judge what I am doing when using Compression and EQing.

Havn't thought about a maximum Budget. Maybe a few DIY absorbers or Traps and Diffusors. But for that I need to know where to put them.
I also wanted to do some similar things to my Drum Room.

Heavy Greetz

That's odd because those are the frequencies humans hear the best. I can't see the attached files on the external link without being a member, maybe post them here and I'm sure you will get some decent advice on here.

That's odd because those are the frequencies humans hear the best. I can't see the attached files on the external link without being a member, maybe post them here and I'm sure you will get some decent advice on here.

I also found it strange that these frequencies were so dull. When I first put the Hands behind my Ears to get more direct sound from the Monitors it was almost a little painful how Harsh my Guitars were.

There is a thread here in the Forums with some Pictures from my Room. But I didn't get much respond on it.
It's here:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/f-o-h/922830-optimize-listening-environment.html

These should be similar to the Pictures on the Sayersforum. I could also post a Sketch with some explanation to the Walls in the Room.

Heavy Greetz