Help wanted: Placement of solo

Noumenon

Obsidian Productions
Jul 24, 2005
Uppsala, Sweden
www.obsidianproductions.se
Sooo. Where do I put the solo in this tune? I'm running out of ideas. Or rather, too many. Either direct after the first chorus on the intro riff and/or into the first half of verse 2. Or during the third run of the chorus in the end. Or during the clean break. :S

Here's the flowchart:
Intro 2x, Verse 2x, Chorus 2x, Intro 1x, Verse 2x, Chorus 2x, Break 3x, Chorus 3x, Intro 2x.

And here's the tune:
Insomnia

Why dont you put two solos? One after the first chorus (on the intro riff) and another one at the end of the song (maybe taking the last part of the chorus and the intro riff).

Haha, what a cool idea for a thread!

I think it could go something like this (though this might be a bit ott):
-A short solo/ lead in the second half of the first "intro x2"
-A "background" lead in the chorus
-Somethnig really bendy/ droning in "intro x1"
-Either a nice Skolnic type lead or a lead melody in the Breakdown
-A fade out lead in the last repeat of the chorus, which goes into the "intro x2" but lets the last few chords of the end of the song come into the forefront and finish the song strong

Of course it doesn't all have to be flashy. With so many opportunities it would work best if it's kept simple for afew of them.

:p have fun. Great song btw, really liking your recent songs.

Hm. got me thinking there! i have alot to try tonight then ;) wonder what the rest will say about all the leads haha. thanx for the compliment! there's more from where that came. next demo cd will rule :p

EDIT:
Meh, only the intro turned out okay, the one during the break sucks.
2007-06-26

EDIT 2:
actually, the one during the break is kinda ok, just needs to be more in the background and maby a wahwah on it.
2007-06-29