Song Writing

I usually "hear" what the next part is going to sound like, when i write my songs. This does that the songs don't always have a good structure, and that's why it doesn't always sound that good either :lol:

i suck at song structuring :(

Because like you inhe, i too "hear" what the next part is gonna be

and this adds up to 10 minute of linear music

I should break them down and structure them around sometime..

Same here :lol:
I have hours of shitty riffs with the odd catchy one, that just...keeps...going :p.

I usually just put them all on midi, send them to band members, and see what they can do. Not to sound like a dick, but so far they just loop what I do 20 times and call it a song.

Im working on fixing that though :p.

I swear that there is actually a musical term for structure and when I was learning about it my friend wrote in the test "Rambo form"

There is, and now you are going to make me insane because I totally know it >8(
Basic song structure for something like blues just goes AABABABA ect.

Just learn to play Jazz/blues. just need to be able to play 3 different chords in different keys...very...very well. :p

I don't know if there's structure for jazz and blues, there the chorus and verse thingy but still, there's a lot of improvisation , especially Jazz;)

no it has structure....

A Jazz verse is a bunch of chords repeated, and each verse a different instrument will solo of do rhythm and whathaveyou.
Imrpov comes in such as, how you play your chords, drum beats in different measures, walking basslines ect, all the instruments are playing the same chords, which is why it sounds so good even though its all made up on the spot.

Different verses will have different chord changes, such as the AABABA structure. for a simple 2 part song.