Help With A Few Facts

reignofterror

On The Road to Ruin
Nov 10, 2009
Hello,

I am looking for help with a few 'trivia' like facts about Johan Hegg.
I have to prepare a speech in Swedish on a Swedish person, and I was looking for a few facts that I might not find on Wikipedia, or similar sites. I figured this was the place to ask.

If anyone has anything, I would be grateful.

Also, if anyone manages to get a hold of a set list from the first few North American tour dates, I would like to know what's being played live. :)

Yeah it would help if you mentioned what facts you wanted. But I think his sister posts here? So you should be able to get some good facts.
OMG did you know HE MADE HIS OWN BRACERS?

You might want to look at YouTube for Amon Amarth interviews - I know I've seen one where Johan discusses his favorite kind of cheese.

Yeah it would help if you mentioned what facts you wanted. But I think his sister posts here? So you should be able to get some good facts.
OMG did you know HE MADE HIS OWN BRACERS?

:OMG::OMG::OMG:

HIS OWN BRACERS??? OMG I WANNA KNOW HOW HE DOES THAT...

I wonder if these guys are any talented in mead brewing or lightening a grill

:cool:

I was planning on checking interviews.

And there's really no need to be a sarcastic asshole with "HE MADE HIS OWN BRACERS!"

Does anyone know the name of the statue which inspired the Twilight of the Thunder God album cover?

Han har tre katter, norskt påbrå på sin fars sida, två systerdöttrar som han älskar plus en guddotter som han också är väldigt stolt över. Duger det?

I felt like I almost understood the gist of that, then I remembered, quebecfags can't otherlanguages.

Excuse me, it's just that kind of a day.

Yep...Han har tre katter sounds like it might be about cats ^^.

At least I can can confirm that he's got one cat ;). But see for yourself:

3892065.JPG

Yep...Han har tre katter sounds like it might be about cats ^^.

At least I can can confirm that he's got one cat ;). But see for yourself:

3892065.JPG

Nice Puddycat!!! I thought it was photoshop at first but it's an animal campaign of sorts...

I personally like and dislike cats at equal rates- :lol: Anyway I'll never own one as husband is allergic and openly dislikes them.

You have to read interviews, watch the videos on YouTube or the like and the making of (fill in video/dvd), and seriously look at pictures they sometimes give you clues to some ones life. Also, research on google, it works. Also, metal mags have archives, blabbermouth.net has some video's and info. Dude really the internet is your friend and you need to just know where and how to look.

I've done quite a bit of looking, and now have more than sufficient information.
Sometimes you just never know if someone has something to offer that isn't already posted all over the internet.

reignofterror said:
Does anyone know the name of the statue which inspired the Twilight of the Thunder God album cover?

I don’t think that the cover art of the album is based on a specific statue. Rather, the image is an artist’s representation of known Norse artefacts like the pavement stones of the church of Ardre/Gotland or the Gosforth Cross.
But obviously it depicts Thor battling Jörmungand (the Midgard Serpent).

J%C3%B6rmungand%2B2008.jpg

Meh, I thought I heard it mentioned in an interview I was watching that it was based on a statue in Stockholm, with some creative and artistic license taken. I could be wrong though. The only statue I can think of that's similar is one of St George slaying the dragon, which I suppose could be compared to Thor and Jörmungand.