To our swedish readers - please help.

Phelice

HAPPIEST GIRL ON EARTH!!!
Hej... I know here are quite a few people from Sweden I could ask for help.
So, I am once again trying to learn sweetish. My former teacher Warlock Fester cancelled the job (actually he didn't do much and just left me in the lurch), but I tried something on my guinea pig Beave which worked well, and here's my request to all swedish readers who might be willing to help:
Who can send me audio files of spoken swedish along with its text and translation (into english/german would be fine)?
Don't matter whether it is free audio books, self-recorded stuff or free songs (please no copyrighted stuff without permission of the owner).

Don't hesitate to ask for german stuff I might offer in return.

Thanks a lot!

It's not what you asked for but I find this site is excellent http://www.livemocha.com.

You learn and advance through the levels and they make it easy and fun.

You can also interact with people from all over the world to improve your language skills and you get tasks set, like write about your day progressing to harder tasks like essays.

That looks great. I have registered, but didn't receive the confirmation email... Anyway.
I should maybe tell you what exactly I have in mind:
I want something to put onto my iPod and take with me, so I can learn while being ...somewhere outside. Which I actually am quite often these days :(
I could take a book or something (which I have at home), but a thing like an iPod is easier to take along.

Understand what I mean? :)

Ok, apologies for the slight intromission as I am not Swedish, nor do I speak Swedish... (but it is on my list of to do things, once I get my German to a more believable level because I'm a language whore)

You can also try and get a language exchange partner. There are loads of ways you can get one: put an ad on your local university and find an Erasmus student (specially if you live in a place near a stablished university... of which there are plenty in Germany) or register online on a language exchange website. I think even facebook has an application to help you meet people who are learning languages and are willing to help you:

http://www.sharedtalk.com/

http://www.mylanguageexchange.com/

http://www.meetup.com/

Main problem with Swedish in the UK is that you basically have to live in London or enroll on a full time university course to get into a class. Even going to a Norwegian class in Edinburgh is easier!

Mostly, its dedication that will get you anywhere :) The credit is all yours.

Man, it makes me appreciate how many things I have at my disposal for teaching Spanish. :loco: And frustrated that most of my pupils will not go beyond the "dos cervezas por favor" stage.

Man, it makes me appreciate how many things I have at my disposal for teaching Spanish. :loco: And frustrated that most of my pupils will not go beyond the "dos cervezas por favor" stage.

That's is the case in most language classes. As long as they fill the language requirements for graduation, 90% of the class will not care one bit about using that said language afterwards. You'll hear the typical "damn I took 3 years of Spanish, wish I had paid more attention ..."

That's is the case in most language classes. As long as they fill the language requirements for graduation, 90% of the class will not care one bit about using that said language afterwards. You'll hear the typical "damn I took 3 years of Spanish, wish I had paid more attention ..."

Im preparing my class for tonight as I type. I don't have a clue if I will get 3 people in or 13. Or a new person who has just signed up even if the class has been going on for 12 weeks... Really....:guh:

Dont blame them, after 8 hours of work, it's far too easy to say "sod it"

Im preparing my class for tonight as I type. I don't have a clue if I will get 3 people in or 13. Or a new person who has just signed up even if the class has been going on for 12 weeks... Really....:guh:

Dont blame them, after 8 hours of work, it's far too easy to say "sod it"

Heheh yes, but guess what, 8 hours of work or not, these are people who probably signed up to your class on their own accord. From what you are saying, it looks like continuing education class or language improvement classes?

Heheh yes, but guess what, 8 hours of work or not, these are people who probably signed up to your class on their own accord. From what you are saying, it looks like continuing education class or language improvement classes?

Bit of both. My Tuesday class is beginners, mostly people who want the basics for travelling to Spain on holidays (which by itself is quite laudable, seeing how most people don't bother)

My Thrusday group is very motivated and has quite a good level, so we do intermediate to advanced grammar and lots of oral practice. We just got through the Spanish subjunctive... And they still want more... :guh: Call me the dungeon mistress :heh: