swedish question (help?)

insaniTy

Skugglika Skapelse
Nov 21, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.geocities.com
'k so i'm trying to learn swedish...a bit hard cos nobody speaks it here (canada... ahhh!) anyways, i was trying to translate something - can anyone tell me if my translation makes any sense?

We are all rendered equal by the grave

Vi är alla återgav jämbördig av graven

i'm not sure if that correct at all - help? :)

@ insanity: quite unusual sentence to start learning swedish with ;)

(then again: last week in my swedish course we had to listen to Lisa Ekdahl's "Vem Vet" - not sure if that is of much help either, hehe)

haha thanks for the correct translation sunset!

@CoT: yes, I am trying to learn it by myself, and as i'm quickly discovering, it is pretty hard hehe :) but i'm having fun learning it anyways! and i kinda understood that a little bit, i think... is it something like "but i hope you like it"?

@ Gaunerin: ah lucky you actually have a swedish course!!! :) too bad my university doesn't offer that... and hehe yeah i guess that sentence is a little bit unusual - i thought it up when i was studying for an exam last week and wanted to translate it (...haha you can tell i was concentrating on studying eh??) :)

No, it means "But I wish you good luck". :D

I have been thinking to refresh my (appalling) knowledge in French, but I guess it have to wait until I start studying at the university. I'm so lazy. :) Everything about languages is fun, except for the regular study of them. :Smug:

Gaunerin said:
@ insanity: quite unusual sentence to start learning swedish with ;)

(then again: last week in my swedish course we had to listen to Lisa Ekdahl's "Vem Vet" - not sure if that is of much help either, hehe)
"Who knows, not you. Who knows, not me. We don´t know anything now. We don´t know anything today" :tickled:

That can´t be easy...