om regnbågen materialiserades

MetalLover7

New Metal Member
Dec 17, 2008
Hi. I really like Vintersorg, but neither speak, nor understand most of the Swedish language.

I am trying to figure out the exact meaning to this song, it is my favorite song by Vintersorg.

I have tried to find it on the internet, but cannot.

Does anyone know a website with translated Vintersorg lyrics?
Or can manually translate it for me please? Please help.
(i know what the title means already) Ty
and sorry if it has been posted before.

En daggvuren gryningshimmels disiga bud
tjänar som arlaregnets segel.
Till soleld begnistrar dess mantelskrud,
och var droppe bildar en spegel.
Som länkas mot en rymd i bågad ström,
ett draperi som i bjärta kulörer sprakar.
Skänkt ifrån molnkaravaners purpurdröm,
lika mystisk som modermörkrets drakar.

Vad skedde om skapnaden blevo solid,
en bro över svindeldjupa avgrunder?
Förgrenad vid galaxens gömda lid
och stjärnhimlens brinnande lunder?
Skulle vi gå längs bågen tunn
som vattenreflexerna fogar? (mot jordens grund)
Ösa vår visdom ur sagans brunn,
försjunkna i kosmiska skogar? (i en euforisk blund)

Prålande grann
den tunna materian, genomstrålas.
I solskensljus den funnit sin själ,
i vattenrök sitt kärl.
Väsenfylld,
av vädrets makt förgylld, nyanser målas.
Diffusa konturer mitt hjärta när
och fyller ett fjärilslätt begär.
Jag välkomnar dig, sjufärgade dynasti.
Som lindrar min ångest, min inre elegi.

Prålande grann
den tunna materian, genomstrålas.
I solskensljus den funnit sin själ,
i vattenrök sitt kärl.
Väsenfylld,
av vädrets makt förgylld, nyanser målas.
Diffusa konturer mitt hjärta när
och fyller ett fjärilslätt begär.

it speaks about the rainbow and what would happen if it materializes.
it's one of my favourite songs too and the lyrics are really amazing, but don't think i'm able to traslate it english without doing errors, so it's better that some swede tries to do it.

Translation taken from http://www.webalice.it/lucatag/

If the Rainbow Materialized

The hazy message of a dewy dawn sky
Serves as the early morning rain's sail
For sun-fire sparks its mantle-dress
And every drop forms a mirror
Which are connected towards a space in arched stream,
A drapery which sparkles in gaudy colours
Gifted from the purple dream of caravans of clouds
As mysterious as the dragons of the mother-darkness

What would happen if the shape became solid,
A bridge over giddy-deep abysses?
Ramified at the hidden slope of the galaxy
And the burning groves of the starry sky?
Would we walk along the thin arch
Which the water reflexes joins? (towards the earth's gound)
Scoop our wisdom from the tale's well,
Absorbed in cosmic forests? (in an euphoric slumber)

Blazingly gaudy
The thin matter, is shone through by rays
In sunshine light it has found its soul,
In water smoke its vessel
Being-filled,
Gilded by the weather's power, nuances are painted
Diffuse contours nourishes my heart
And fills a desire as light as a butterfly

I welcome thee, seven-coloured dynasty
Who ease my anguish, my inner elegy

Blazingly gaudy
The thin matter, is is shone through by rays
In sunshine light it has found its soul,
In water smoke its vessel
Being-filled,
Gilded by the weather's power, nuances are painted
Diffuse contours nourishes my heart
And fills a desire as light as a butterfly

Check out the song 'Naturens Mystär' from Solens Rötter too, they are related.

it speaks about the rainbow and what would happen if it materializes.
it's one of my favourite songs too and the lyrics are really amazing, but don't think i'm able to traslate it english without doing errors, so it's better that some swede tries to do it.

yes this song is so beautiful isnt it? i cannot wait to hear the song related to it like the other poster says "naturens Mystar"

yes this song is so beautiful isnt it? i cannot wait to hear the song related to it like the other poster says "naturens Mystar"

definitly one of the most beautiful songs from solens rotter, maybe the best! :p

the refrain's lyrics are amazing!

Med ljuset brytning, en lodrät bro
with the breaking of the light, a vertical bridge
Som tvingar min skugga att lysa
which forces my shadow to shine
I spöoklika kulörer som i urgammal tro
in spook-like colours like in an ancient belief
Fick varje själ att frysa
makes each soul freeze
Spektralfärgars rena väsen formas
clear beings are formed by ghostly colors
Och flyktar mot en regnskrudad sky
and escape toward a reign-dressed sky
Där vattnets vidgande aura stormas
where the enlarging aura of water is stormed (?!?)
Av de energimönster som skaper hela min vy
by the energy-monster which creates all of my view

i hope it's corrent, forgive me i'm not swedish nor english :p

@ lefay82: good effort!

I spökliga kulörer som i urgammal tro fick varje själ att frysa
--> more accurately that'd be smth like ....in ghostly colours which in ancient belief made every soul freeze

"Spektralfärgars rena väsen" refers to the fact that the spectral coulours are pure coulours. I unfortunately cannot explain this further as I'm not good in neither physics in general nor optics in particular ;) So "rena väsen" simply describes the character of the spectral coulours and thus cannot be translated to clear beings :) Maybe it could be smth like "the pure character of the spectral coulours is formed"

Där vattnets vidgande aura stormas av de energimönster som skapar hela min vy
Now that's a tough one. First of all, "mönster" is not a monster but a pattern - beware of these false swedish friends :D
As for the rest, I think the literal translation is quite ok. To actually understand the meaning is another thing. I'm more suspecting than knowing :)

@ lefay82: good effort!

I spökliga kulörer som i urgammal tro fick varje själ att frysa
--> more accurately that'd be smth like ....in ghostly colours which in ancient belief made every soul freeze

"Spektralfärgars rena väsen" refers to the fact that the spectral coulours are pure coulours. I unfortunately cannot explain this further as I'm not good in neither physics in general nor optics in particular ;) So "rena väsen" simply describes the character of the spectral coulours and thus cannot be translated to clear beings :) Maybe it could be smth like "the pure character of the spectral coulours is formed"

Där vattnets vidgande aura stormas av de energimönster som skapar hela min vy
Now that's a tough one. First of all, "mönster" is not a monster but a pattern - beware of these false swedish friends :D
As for the rest, I think the literal translation is quite ok. To actually understand the meaning is another thing. I'm more suspecting than knowing :)

thanx for correcting me! :worship:
it's a real help when you're self-taught! you do a lot of errors and there's nobody to say you're wrong....
for example i didn't think that "som" might be a pronom and not a preposition :oops:
vintersorg's swedish is quite hard (above all for a beginner) and phrase construction too....without speaking of the subjects :loco:

No need to thank me, as you can see I can't even simply type 'colours' (how can one do the same typo four (!) times in a row?? :rolleyes: Seems I was in the groove :D )

for example i didn't think that "som" might be a pronom

But you used it as such in the second line ;)

vintersorg's swedish is quite hard (above all for a beginner) and phrase construction too....without speaking of the subjects :loco:

That's why I'd start somewhere else if I was you. Something less challenging and thus less frustrating :)

But you used it as such in the second line ;)

yes i know it can be also a pronom, i meant to say that i didn't think about that possibility in this case :p

That's why I'd start somewhere else if I was you. Something less challenging and thus less frustrating :)

yes you're right..... but....
i haven't planned from the beginning to study swedish.... if i did i probably would have taken some serious lessons!!!!
things are gone this way:
i discovered vintersorg listening to cosmic genesis which is mostly in english. i knew that the 2 songs sung in that strange language were sung in swedish, but he was the first viking/folk band i listened and i wasn't used to that, so it was the first time for me to face something written in swedish.
then i listened to till fjalls and odemarken and i totally felt in love with his music....listening to his albums on and on i started to wonder what they spoke about, i knew that the easiest way was to search the net and find a proper traslation but it wasn't enough for me, i wanted to learn it by experience...i usually choose the hardest way to resolve things :p
so i tried to traslate something, but it wasn't easy...i realised (what a surprise ahaha) that i needed to know something about grammar, i had problems with singular and plural forms, with verbs and conjugations, so i started to study it by my own....
we have a saying in italy that is more or less "from a thing borns another" and slowly i got into swedish, as a joke, as an hobby, without any pretence...
and here i'm...i'm far away from being able to speak or understand everything but i'm quite happy that i can understand a lot of the written tongue :p