Help with db spl on a rock concert

RandomOne

Dec 28, 2010
nowhere
so hello guys.

i'm calculating what PA system I would need for my band but I don't know on how many DB rock concerts are on usually.

so if you have ever used a meter on a rock concert, how many DBspl it show, and how many meters you were away from the speakers?

100 may be the limit where you are but I see rider specs between 105-115 all of the time even if a municipality caps it lower. There's nothing wrong with clean headroom.

How about you stop being a pussy and use the internet a little more. You really aren't doing yourself any favors around here.

Google is your friend.

People have given valid information and posed questions I.e what weight is used? a/b/c, slow or fast? and as you weren't even aware of those you should be google-ing the fuck out of it and coming back. each venue will ask for it to be weighed differently and there is no "spot" for the mix desk to be as sometimes it is physical impossible to place it at the optimal desired location.

Hasn't this dude already been banned before for being disrespectful like this and resurrecting all of Joey's threads? What happened? He clearly hasn't learned to do any research on his own and obviously doesn't have any more respect than before. And bumping your threads every few hours demanding responses is pretty douchey.

You seem to think OP that if you ask a question here then people must answer you straight away for some reason. This is a forum, not a support service. If somone answers your question and you don't understand half the terms in their post it's up to YOU to go away and learn more about it.

I tried helping you in other threads and was going to chime in on this one but you're being an internet asshole. Whenever someone tries to help you and it's not what you wanted to hear start replying with short, insulting responses.