Help with Gibson LP

Gibson got new owners in '86 and quality control was tightened up considerably to save the reputation. I would much rather have one from that late 80s-early 90s period than a new one with the those damn weight relief holes.

haha, those guitars certainly have weight relief holes ;).

they all (standard, studio's, classics) have weight relieve holes since the beginning of the '80, except for those really expensive Historics now, which use lighter mahogany.

ask Gibson themselves if you don't believe me, they'll tell you the same.

but it doesn't matter, my Classic from 2003 is still a great guitar, with the holes.

Yeah I know, I meant the new fangled chambering they do now. My '88 weighs a little over ten pounds and they don't make 'em like that no more.

Well I guess I stand corrected. I did not know Gibson now makes about 140 variations of the Les Paul.:loco: That's crazy

i really did not know about the weight issue
you helped me a lot guys
and yes i ll go with gibson
thats what i ll get soon

Les Paul Custom Classic

classiccustom.gif

i dont know if i ll change the pick ups yet - if i do it ll be either duncans JB/59
or emgs 81/85

thanks

My Standard came with burstbuckers and they slay, I'm not changing a thing

My goldtop has a seymour '59 in it and the tone is kick ass too.

I'm too cheap and lazy to change batteries in a guitar, I have to buy enough 9 volts as it is.

My Standard came with burstbuckers and they slay, I'm not changing a thing

My goldtop has a seymour '59 in it and the tone is kick ass too.

I'm too cheap and lazy to change batteries in a guitar, I have to buy enough 9 volts as it is.

that was always my problem - i dont like stuffing a battery in my guitar
its like having Life support on humans haha...i guess

i havent decided yet though - i would love if i could keep the originals