Help with recorded cymbals

drunkard

Like Sin Explode
May 18, 2007
Greece
www.myspace.com
Me and my band are having problems with our mixing procedure for our cd due to the fact that all the cymbals(except the ride)have been recorded really badly.All cymbals sound too fizzy and loud and let's say fake due to bad mic placement probably.Is there any way to fix this?Also the hi hat is so loud that it was also recorded from the overheads.Even if I turn down the volume of the hi hat mic it still sounds really loud from the overheads.Can I do anything?Probably any frequencies to be boosted or cut?Or any specific plugin for CUBASE?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

if the hi hat is coming up too much in the overheads, theres no need for the hi hat mic
try and find the frequency the hi hats are coming in most in the overheads and reduce it

I find that some cheaper condenser mics like rode nt-1a have an upper mid boost that destroys the clarity and brightness of the overheads. Try some multiband compression from 2,5khz to 6khz and boost from 7khz upwards. I don't know if this will fix your problem but you should at least try this.

I find that some cheaper condenser mics like rode nt-1a have an upper mid boost that destroys the clarity and brightness of the overheads. Try some multiband compression from 2,5khz to 6khz and boost from 7khz upwards. I don't know if this will fix your problem but you should at least try this.

Thank you very much.Yes you sould also take in mind that I live in greece and our studio sucks.Also I think it's important the quality of the cymbals.Fuck I wanna live somewhere else:cry::Smokin:

...fuck I wanna live in Greece

Although I have NO idea what your tracks sound like, try cutting some 800Hz, often fixes the 'clang' if you're getting that..