Help with some gang vocals?

Of course there's a reason why it's called "gang vocals", but IMHB I think you can get decent results with 4 manly performers in 2-3 overdubs.

No way to get like 4 of the guys together?

On the last project I did there were 4 guys available and we went overboard and did 5 takes of them doing the lines as a group. They kept absurdly moving around and changing their positions to make a "bigger" group. I panned the takes like 100 50 0 50 100 or something. They were young guys like you're working with.

Of course if you can't get that many of them together, I bet you're going to get some seriously manly efforts from the guys around here. :kickass:

id be up for this but im a brit, and british gang vocals are so recognizably british it hurts.
that shit wouldnt be gellin with no 'mericans.

Question:
for #5, do you need some sort of shouts or should it be more in a singing way?

Edit: nevermind, didn't read the instructions right.....
I'll give it a try ASAP!

John

in previous experience i've done pretty good by having 4 guys in front of a stereo setup of two SM58s, recorded two takes with that and then asked them all to switch positions (L-R) and then panned those layers...

I am however liking the idea of getting a sneap-forum-gang-vocal goin...

Get James and Andy on board... Epic is all i can say... or it could be the can of monster i just downed...

Use Ryan gang vocal style:

3 guys on a same track, and dub this for have 3 tracks.
Change the pitch on the 2 dubed track and compress the shit. Add a huge reverb and bam, you have gang vocal:lol:

just about all of the gang vocals in the songs on my myspace were done with 4-5 people.
Just do 8 takes and pan 100-75-50-35-35-50-75-100

the biggest part is the performance. I've had crappy gang vocals with 7 non passionate people, and awesome gang vocals with 4 passionate/loud people
just call them all pussies until they're loud enough for your liking