Help with squeaking noise - Vocal tracking

Fagulhakc

Dec 25, 2014
Hi guys,

I am tracking vocals for my project and I am getting a squeaking noise in some parts.

It is driving me crazy. I can't figure it out to get rid of it.

Please help me. I am posting an example below. The noise happens at 10 and 11 seconds.

Can you identify that? How do I avoid that?

Thanks a lot!

hey man, it seems to be a buffering thing. Are you using plugins on the way in?

No. I am not.

I think you are right. I was not seeing any sign of problems with buffering inside the DAW, but it seems like I was using the settings for low latency and maybe my PC was overloading.

I will try to increase latency a little and see if I can get rid of that noise. Sadly, I already recorded most of the vocals without noticing the problem.

Thanks a lot anyway!

I can't hear a problem with the vocal track, maybe it's my headphones (ATH50) hiding it.

The only squeaky noise I can hear between 10 and 11 is a sharp "huu" when the vocalist breaths in.
If that's what you mean then you can cut them out but the track will sound less natural.

Maybe your thinking into it too much?

I can't hear a problem with the vocal track, maybe it's my headphones (ATH50) hiding it.

The only squeaky noise I can hear between 10 and 11 is a sharp "huu" when the vocalist breaths in.
If that's what you mean then you can cut them out but the track will sound less natural.

Maybe your thinking into it too much?

The noise is there for sure hehe

But I think you are right. I am probably over thinking it.

It's not gonna be noticeable in context. I hope so kkkk

Thanks for posting!