Help with stereo enhancer on the master?

Rubenn

New Metal Member
Mar 30, 2016
Hi guys,
I'm new here. I was looking for help regarding some stereo enhancing on the master bus. Can you suggest some plugins to do that? The only stereo plugin I ever used is Voxengo Stereo Touch, but I don't know if it may be suitable for the master bus. What are your advices?
I'd prefer if you suggest something free (sorry!).

Thank you all!

Welcome to the board:)

mid/side processing is my favorite way to achieve a wider stereo image. Personally I use the ozone m/s eq but if you want something free check out this vst :

http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?id=1053

This x10000000
Stereo Enhancing plugins are usually very gimmicky and very easy to overdo. The best way to get a wide stereo image is to firstly, have a killer mix with good balance throughout. Then, during the mastering stage M/S processing will do the rest.

I really dig bx_digital2 to center bass freq 80hz, a hint of deesser and to give a tiny touch of widening 5% or so.

I tried the M/S processing VST you linked and wow! This is awesome, actually! I think I'll use this a lot, and the saturation knob is also very useful I think! Thank you :)

FYI the 2 VSTs I mentionned also uses M/S processing.
You won't be able to do anything drastic with it or fix issues on bad mixes, but they work wonders to add a final touch/tiny bit of widening.

Last edited:
Dude, if you are the one mixing, than you shouldn't use any stereo widening on master. Start your work from arrangement to mixing. Don't pan everything hard L&R (mainly only guitars), use wider stereo panning/ processing for tense sections like you'd use volume automatization.
P.S. Don't use tools just because you want to.

Last edited: