Help with this mix! (Melodic Metalcore?)

Ganks

Nov 1, 2009
Hey guys,

Let me start by saying, you've probably heard this song. I've posted it about 3509823945 times.
But honestly.. It's all I have to mix. I spend countless hours on this forum, learn new tips and strategies, and then apply them to my latest mix! So bear with me. (I'm extremely tired of this song... lol)

Anyways, could anyone give me any advice on how to make this mix sound better?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2798302/ACRIMONY_DRUMCOMPRESSION_C4_FINAL.mp3

Thanks a lot guys,

:kickass::kickass:

PS - I know there's some weird noise thing in there in the middle of the song, when only the right guitar is playing.. I fucked up my drum editing, but I had already rendered this mix, so excuse that please! :)

good but where's the melodic? lol

I think the mix and more especifically guitars are a bit muffled, maybe because of the cab-impulse. guits and vx are also a bit loud so the rest (but the kick) remains behind and not in your face. Not a matter of gain or vol but eq IMO, what are you using in the master buss?

I thought the part in the middle was a little melodic? Haha. I dunnno. :p

but anywayss..

On the masterbus, I've just got Ozone running:

I'm using the harmonic exciter, a little bit of EQ to brighten the mix (like 1.5 DB around the 6-7K area)

I'm also using the loudness maximizer.
I might have an instance of GClip on the masterbus as well, but I'm not sure. I'll have to look when I get back to my desk.

I've got virtually no EQ on the guitars, except for a hi/low pass.

The kick, I've got a semi-wide cut at the 2250K area. (4.5 DB)
And I've got a pretty big boost at the 9600K area. Really narrow boost, though.

The snare, I've just got a boost of around 4 DB in the 200Hz area. And I've compressed it a little and used GClip.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the advice.

I will definitely turn my guitars down around 0.5 dBs.

Any other suggestions or advice, anyone?