Help with TSS/guitar chain

-Loco-

Knives.
Apr 17, 2009
I've been fiddling around with some tones and only recently noticed the differences the order of things make on the sound. However i can never get the TSS to sit right in a mix, i prefer to use my real tube screamer. How do you guys typically have your chains running, and any advice on how i can make the most of my TSS i.e should it come after the impulse or before? im tempted to say before, as the impulse is meant to be simulating the cab. Thanks

Oh yeah dude, the TSS is supposed to come before everything; first TSS, then the ampsim (SoloC, 8505, etc.), then the impulse, just like in, you know, real life :D

sweet i'll give it a go man thanks for your prompt response.I assume since you hate impulses you just stick with your TS9 and cab?:p Sorry this is a bit offtopic btw, but how do i get onto the FTP for this site so i can downloaded some of the impulses etc hosted on it? I.e username and password..im sure i saw a link somewhere but for some reason it didnt work...will i need an ftp client too?

Well I always actually record my DI's through an ampsim and impulse so I can edit the DI's before I re-amp the perfect take (and cuz I really can't have my amp loud for the time that playing the takes live and editing them would require). As for the FTP, I really don't know, honestly; you could try searching for the original threads with the impulses, most of them should have working links!