Help

davidthangjam10

New Metal Member
May 4, 2013
India
facebook.com
so i got this interface m-audio fast track. i using to record guitar and monitor through pod farm is there any way i can monitor my guitar sound through my computer speaker and without plugging headphones/studio monitor!

maudio_fast_track_usb.jpg

Check out the RCA LEFT and RIGHT output in the back of your unit. Hook these to whatever you have and your done.

If you're trying to monitor straight out of your computer speakers (meaning you aren't running actual monitors), then no, not that I know of.

When using an interface, you are bypassing your computers internal sound card. Unless I'm mistaken, you cannot have your output set to internal sound card and input to external.

Now, if I've mistaken your question and you actually do have monitors, then it's totally possible and common.

EDIT: I should have actually looked at the picture. :lol: There's no fucking 1/4" outputs on that thing?!? How retarded is that?!?!

EDIT: I should have actually looked at the picture. :lol: There's no fucking 1/4" outputs on that thing?!? How retarded is that?!?!

I was thinking the same...Not so handy. You could try to sell the unit and upgrade to the fast track Ultra. Cheap and good for the price range.

What kind of plug does your shitty computer speakers have? 1/8" plug right? (like a headphone plug)
If so, just plug them into your headphone output jack.
It's not like your aiming for professional mixes or anything.
Friend of mine has the same interface. Piece of shit with no Hi-Z input.

I did this with the use of ASIO FOR ALL a couple times. Just used a cheap TAPCO interface for recording some guitar DI's for drum recording. Worked without any problems with Win7. I had to make sure though, that buffer and latency on the interface and internal sound card were the same, otherwise it wouldn't let me select the output of the internal card.