Helstar interview

Under The Oak

Ens Causa Sui
Jul 9, 2003
Austin, TX
www.guitar6.com
I didn't know where to post this, but for you Helstar fans, I have a new interview with the guitarists up on my site that you can go here to see. Comments/suggestions are welcome. I'm always trying to improve my interviews and ask questions that are more informative and less boring for the band to answer.

Thanx for posting. I'm curious about new Helstar stuff... But I never concidered them being Thrash Metal at all !!

carnut said:
Thanx for posting. I'm curious about new Helstar stuff... But I never concidered them being Thrash Metal at all !!

Speed to me, but I don't know, pretty fucking technical sounding without sounding robotic is my description (ie, Dragonforce)...

That was a nice read, thanks. I think songs like Baptized In Blood or Face The Wicked One could definitely be classified as thrash but generally they were a bit speed metal, a bit NWOBHM, a bit thrash etc. Maybe that's the reason they didn't quite break through back in the day? Who knows.
I do however encourage any 80s thrash fans to check this band out, and here's a fine place to do just that:
The entire Remnants Of War album
:kickass:

To me they're classic US Power Metal bordering on prog metal at times, rooted in NWOBHM with hints of speed/thrash as Tsorl said.

My favorite record from HELSTAR is probably Distant Thunder, followed by Nosferatu and Remnants of War.