Heres a couple PODxt METAL clips + SETTINGS

Aug 9, 2006
First time poster, I've lurked around here for awhile....I had always heard about the tone guru's on this site :worship: , so I figured I'd migrate over here and make my little "contribution".

Well, heres the page:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=532661

The tones I'm wanting opinions on are on titled "New Riffage" and "New Riffage part deux". But theres also lots of other PODxt clips I've made over the past few months, but the top two are the only ones I'm concerned with.

I think there may still be a little bit of clipping in there somewhere, I tried to filter it all out. Theres something wierd about that drum track, I cant hear it on my speakers but it may still be there.

Two tracks, each panned 75 left and 75 right, recorded in Adobe Audition. I used a bit of Adobe's parametric EQ and some BBE Sonic Maximizer. I'm still a noob at the whole post EQ'ing thing. Any tips, insults, comments you could give me are greatly appreciated! :headbang:

Both clips were made using the Big Bottom model with these settings....

PODxtSettings3.jpg
PODxtSettings2.jpg
PODxtSettings1.jpg

Not too bad, man. Part 2 is better than the original, IMO. I dont own a pod, so i cant really offer much advice on how they work, and how to make them sound better. As far as personal taste goes, i might have backed off on the gain a slight bit, just for definition, and a slight bit less mids.
Nice riffing too, BTW.

The man from the teapot lookalike state!

Welcome dude... you will love it here, and your tone sounds very good allready, even though you think otherwise sometimes, it's very solid!

Not too bad, man. Part 2 is better than the original, IMO. I dont own a pod, so i cant really offer much advice on how they work, and how to make them sound better. As far as personal taste goes, i might have backed off on the gain a slight bit, just for definition, and a slight bit less mids.
Nice riffing too, BTW.

I was thinking the same thing about the gain. Oh, I forgot to mention that in the one titled "New Riffage", it actually has four tracks layered. Two using the PODxt with USB, and two more quieter tracks I recorded with my Crate Powerblock's headphone out. I plugged my POD into the Powerblock and then ran the Powerblocks headphone out with a 1/4 to 1/8 cable into my PC. If you listen to my clip on there called Powerblock Test, it shows an example of how each sounds. First part is using the PODxt and Powerblock, second is just the PODxt itself using USB, and the third part is both of them layered.

The man from the teapot lookalike state!

Welcome dude... you will love it here, and your tone sounds very good allready, even though you think otherwise sometimes, it's very solid!

Heyyy, the man from that one country named after the street my Grandma used to live on!....(My Grandma used to live on a street called 'Holland Street")

Thanks man! I never could figure out your EQ settings in Nuendo, I couldnt figure out how to bring up that EQ thing. I'm retarded, I never use that program....

But I'm off to work Ill be back in a few hours. When do I get to hear some of your new shizzle? I know you have some!

Cool shreddage indeed, fellow POD slinger. Great job. Bring the drums up in the mix though, just a suggestion.

Welcome.