PODxt + Lots of Harmonies + Slow Thuggy Metal!

Aug 9, 2006
Well, I was itching to play/record something this morning. I found a drum jam thread started on the HCAF board and decided to do something on the drum track I found. Kickass drumtrack, I loved jamming on this one. I'm not too picky when it comes to drums.

The tone is PODxt, Big Bottom model, 75 left and 75 right with a center track that was done with the 5150 model. All the harmonies were done with the 5150 model and the heavy rhythms were done with the Big Bottom model. I was suprised at the amount of tracks I had at the end of recording this. Eighteen different guitar tracks in all, which is a lot more than I usually have.

I have to say I'm rather proud of myself. This is probably one of my favorite pieces of music that I've ever written. I just love the slow thuggyness of the rhythms a lot with the harmonies.

Its the one titled "NEW SONG"

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=532661

sounds cool. very Bolt Throwerish, I like that.

It does! :headbang:

Sounds cool man!

Since you used so many tracks, it might be wise to back up on the gain a bit though... but besides that it rocks dude!

Are you gonna put some bass on this?

It does! :headbang:

Sounds cool man!

Since you used so many tracks, it might be wise to back up on the gain a bit though... but besides that it rocks dude!

Are you gonna put some bass on this?

Yeah, sadly I realized that after I finished it :cry: I'll probably try and redo it tomorrow with less gain and see how it sounds.

I want to put bass on it, but sadly I have no means of doing so. I've been trying to come up with a way to cheat, by using pitch benders or something, but nothing has worked or sounded good yet.

Do you have voxengo EQ curve, freefilter or harbal?

What you could do is do one string bass line with your guitar... and if you have waves, add some R-bass to it for extra low end.. you can then pitchshift it with either nuendo's pitchshifter or waves's soundshifter-P... then add a EQ curve you took from a bass part of one of your favorite bands.
Just find a solo bass bit on a CD or MP3 (in flames - transparent at 1:26), copy that and then paste it on your own ghetto bass..

The sound will probably sound too lose, so compression would work well..

It's not the real deal, but it sure does fill up that low end that a mix needs...

I just re-recorded it with less gain. Took me less time than I thought it would. I didnt edit the harmonies but backed the gain down in the rhythm guitars a fair bit. Does it sound any better to you? I think the little single note runs I have towards the end sound a little wierd for some reason.

Sounds awesome, I think I caught it on harmony central too.

You should really pickup a cheap bass just to throw down some bass tracks. I have a $110 SX bass from rondomusic which is actually pretty good.