New PODxt Clip...Trying to write some new material...

Aug 9, 2006
Well I just found some guys to start a band so I'm trying to write some cool stuff. This is kind of a slow riff with leads and harmonies over it. I'm open to any constructive criticism. I dunno about the little sweeping part, I just thought it sounded cool at the time, hahaha.

I used the Uberschall and 5150 models for the rhythm's and the 5150 model for all the leads.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=532661&songID=5193572

I like it. It has a Tony McAlpine sound to it. Kinda moody and refined with a hint of shredding right around the corner. Only thing I would mention on the mix is the drums seem to next a little bit of work. The kick needs some low end. Wish I could be of more help but my newbie ears are still not quite there.

Hey dude, you want some feedback on the mix? or on the song itself?

Both sound fine to me, the mix is a bit rough here and there, but as a song with the singers vocals on it plus some synths it could end up being pretty darn cool!

Hey dude, you want some feedback on the mix? or on the song itself?

Both sound fine to me, the mix is a bit rough here and there, but as a song with the singers vocals on it plus some synths it could end up being pretty darn cool!

The mix is nothing special, I didnt really do anything with it...its just raw unpolish PODxt tracks, but so is basically everything I record, haha. Mostly just worried about the song itself. I'm meeting up with the other guitar player and vocalist this Sunday to record some stuff and work out some idea's for the first song. I'll let you know how that goes.