Here's a pretty rad band....

It's like checking the ingredients in a can of chili at the grocery store. You're at least interested in potentially eating it until you see ONIONS listed and then it goes straight back to the shelf and is never thought about again.

Just curious now.. what about it don't you like? I know there's a lot of possible reasons since it's such peculiar music, so I'm really just interested on your take of it.

I say... if you got it, use it. I see where you're coming from though. I choose to embrace this kind of shit just because it doesn't sound like anything else. I love me a well structured, epic masterpiece of a song but I'm also a sucker for anything that makes me go "WTF?!". Especially when it's as heavy as this is. Different strokes.

By the way... fuck off nowadays onions!

I have nothing against technical music as a rule, but I've found that that its a rare band that is able to combine nuts musicianship with memorable riff/song writing, the latter being what I seek in music. The two aren't mutually exclusive, of course. Necrophagist and Frank Zappa rule. I also find nonstop wankery (for lack of a better word) to be a bit boring. It's alright to chill down for a bit and give us a good headbangin beat.

I dig onions in certain things, especially with meat. Burgers, cheesesteaks... pile em on!

Normally I ignore these threads because the bands you guys like are terrible, but they're named after GIGAN so I'll do my duty.

I love stuff like Behold... The Arctopus or Blotted Science... but this doesn't "click" instantly. Can't really stand the vocals and the riffing, yet technical, is kinda straight. But the main problem is lack of dynamic songwriting.

This, of course, is only based on first impressions... so thanks for introducing, anyway!

Oh boy I feel so privileged now to have almighty music man Derick actually express interest! Thread successful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The one thing I notice about it that I don't like so far is that the playing doesn't seem to be as tight as it possibly could be. Particularly the drums.