Septic Broiler

Anders sounds pretty good on this. His best vox were on The Jester Race with In Flames imo but he sounds better on here than he did later on Skydancer (which was with Dark Tranquility, which is what this is basically).

Do you have any of their old (read: really old) stuff? Lunar Strain, Subterranean, and The Jester Race vary pretty dramatically from even the rest of their 90s stuff, which is nothing like the last 4 albums.

This is Stand Ablaze, the opener on the Subterranean EP. This is like a Turing Test for metal tbh.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are vocals in there. Pretty clearly audible, actually.
Henke Forss on voxx (not sure I spelled that correctly), he was only on that one EP but did a pretty good job.

what about Ceremonial Oath? This band later became Ceremonial Oath and then they started In FLames and Dark Tranquility

wrong.
Ceremonial Oath was a completely different band.

Here's how it went:

Anders Friden -> Septic Broiler -> Dark tranquility for 1 album -> Ceremonial Oath (for like 1 and a half albums or something*) - > In Flames (Jester Race on)

Mikael Stanne -> Septic Broiler guitar -> Dark Tranquility guitar, In Flames vocals for Lunar Strain -> Dark Tranquility vocals (The Gallery on)

*On Carpet Anders sings the first half and Thomas Lindberg (At The Gates) sings the second half

Wow. I'm really, really jealous if they were really 14 when they made this stuff!

Yeah. In some ways it's better than the TJR version, but Anders' vocals are a bit better and the volume levels are less weird.

Yeah. In some ways it's better than the TJR version, but Anders' vocals are a bit better and the volume levels are less weird.

yeah, the Subterrenian(I'll never spell it right, btw) sounds more epic and raw, but TJR version just sounds more...put together..I guess is the best way of saying it.