Here's a Superior 2.0 rock drum preset for you guys (Logic users only though!)

Nolly

Apr 24, 2009
Bath, UK
Hey dudes

I get asked alot about the drum tones in my clips, so I've decided to put together a preset for a rock-style drum sound to show my approach to mixing with Superior 2.0. I do 99% of my drum mixing outside Superior using external plugins, which makes simply sharing the preset pretty much useless, so I've uploaded a full Logic project file for those who are interested to check out:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/790683/Nolly's Rock Drums preset.zip

A few things to note:

-I usually use drum samples from across the Toontrack range, but I have limited this purely to the stock Avatar kit so that it is usable to all with the basic S2.0 program.
-I have used either the stock Logic plugins, or plugins by Stillwell Audio (Stillwell Plugins… | Stillwell Audio - It's About The Sound). The Stillwell plugs are available for unlimited free trial, so go ahead and download them from the above link, though you should of course buy them if you like them (they are very reasonably priced!).
-The levels are only roughly set, you will need to tweak them in order to make the drums sit in your mix I'm sure. Note this also applies to the reverb levels.
-You may want to EQ the toms independently, I have just bussed them together and processed them simultaneously.
-There is a basic master chain on the mix bus to achieve some loudness for the clip. This will definitely need to be tweaked once other instruments are added.

Finally, I'm happy for anyone to use this preset for any project, AS LONG AS they credit me. I'd love to hear from anyone that uses it, please email me (nolly@redseasfire.co.uk) any links where I can hear what you've done!

Screen%20shot%202011-05-22%20at%2013.36.30.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
haha thanks a lot for that post,i've heard that logic does not open the superior drummer,i have already order superior drummer for pro tools so i cant wait to use it with logic too!

It would be awesome if someone could make Logic ChannelEQ and Logic Compressor settings inside the S.D and then to be able to use just StillWell plugs out of the S.D.I don't have much experience with processing inside the S.D.