Here's my plan

suitable for drums would be be able to hear the track and play? and also will i have to buy a headphone amp or are those just gimmicks?

A dedicated headphone amp is going to likely be louder and cleaner than the ones in your interface, but to be honest with Isolation phones the Profire's headphone amp is good enough. Just roll off some low end from the headphone mix and if you're struggling for volume put a limiter on it.

Personally I think £150 on a D6 is a bit of a waste when the kick will most likely be sample replaced anyway. For a tenner more you can get a full set of drum triggers and use drum samples (though this is obviously no good if you're going for a natural sound)

Also you could pick up a Behringer ADA8000 (£150, or less on ebay) and you'd have another 8 inputs for drums through the ADAT input on the Profire. Though the pre's aren't awesome they're fine for triggers. So you could do:

1 Over L
2 Over R
3 Snare
4 Room
9 Snare Trigger
10 Tom 1 Trigger
11 Tom 2 Trigger
12 Tom 3 trigger
13 Kick Trigger
14 Talback

and you still have 6 inputs left for tom mic's, snare bottom mic, etc if you have cash left for some, or can borrow some from elsewhere? The talkback mic will save you tapping on the window (this mic can be anything, even a piece of shit karaoke mic tbh, something with a on/off switch is handy)

Also instead of the Reflexion Filter you could get a set of Auralex Aural Xpanders. Though the vocal mic one is probably not as good as the RF the kit is very good for reducing spill into mic's when recording drums. And it's only £50 for the kit.

As has already been said, I5's and 57's will go a very long way when it comes to snare/tom mic's.

You've got a good point about the triggers but for now i'll wait until i buy all the stuff first :p
the D6 might be a good investment anyway for one day in the future who knows :S
I'll get back to this when i've actually bought some more stuff

Trevoire makes a good point, myself i think it's better to get mics and really learn to use them. You'll almost certainly get better first time results if you use triggers but in the long run micing is where it's at and any practice you can get is good

edit: you'll want to have both triggers and mics in the end though, sample replacing and reinforcement is sooo much easier if you've got a trigger track

Just made my first purchase
Audix i5
next up is the vic firth stereo isolation headphones in a week or two

edit: forgot to mention i now have a job alongside university so can afford these things ALOT quicker :D

Personally I think £150 on a D6 is a bit of a waste when the kick will most likely be sample replaced anyway. For a tenner more you can get a full set of drum triggers and use drum samples (though this is obviously no good if you're going for a natural sound)

And what Triggers do you recommend dude? I been reading on the ddrum triggers but the reviews are not that great... yet i see them in a lot of pics by users here.
what you recommend?
Also any recommendations on some monitors for around £400 or less is greeeeatly appreciated :D

I recommend KRK RP8 G2... They are well worth it

And what Triggers do you recommend dude? I been reading on the ddrum triggers but the reviews are not that great... yet i see them in a lot of pics by users here.
what you recommend?

DDrum Pro's are very good. Though alot of people say that the transducers die after a while and need to be replaced. Avoid the DDrum Redshots however as they are more hassle to get on the drum.

As for the monitor recommendation, alot of people here like the Yamaha HS-80's (or the 50's if you're room is very small like mine)

As far as I'm aware the redshots and pro's will both give you the same click sound from the trigger. But to attach the redshots you have to remove a tension rod from the drum, whereas the pro's just clamp on the side and are tightened with a drum key.

Edit: now changing the NT5's to samson c02's so they're slightly more within my reach

Remember dude, he who buys cheap, buys twice.

If you can save a bit longer and get the NT5's then chances are you won't want/need anything else for a very long time, whereas you'll most likely end up selling the samson's not too far down the line.

hmmmm true point but im out of a job right now so it'd mean saving for quite a while, and either way if they dont suit for overheads they might be suitable for acoustics?
its just i can't seem to justify buying a pair of mics for £250 :(

hmmmm true point but im out of a job right now so it'd mean saving for quite a while, and either way if they dont suit for overheads they might be suitable for acoustics?
its just i can't seem to justify buying a pair of mics for £250 :(

If you're struggling for cash then I'd really recommend going second hand instead of buying cheap mic's new. Get on ebay and see what's about, a quick scan got me these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rode-NT4-ster...nstruments_Microphones_MJ?hash=item3359333b7c

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/M-Audio-Pulsa...nstruments_Microphones_MJ?hash=item33591fc830

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SE1a-studio-c...nstruments_Microphones_MJ?hash=item35a65c5fa0

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rode-NT5-x-2-...nstruments_Microphones_MJ?hash=item1c0f87da04

Anything from the major manufacturers (Rode, Audio Technica, Shure, SE, AKG, Oktava, etc) will give you much better results than the Samsons. Your overheads are the part of the kit that you can't sample replace, so it makes sense to spend the most money one them.