New amp suggestions. Please help!

Isn't the new 6505 1x12" combo under $600?

Do you mean this amp?

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-6505-Plus-112-60W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=582106

It looks like it doesn't come out until October. LOL. I was hoping to get something before then. It also stinks that it's about $100(+tax) more than I can spend right now too. :(

If you want a practice amp, get a little practice amp like the roland or the vox valvetronics

if you want a recording amp get something decent like a 5150

From all of your suggestions, I think that's probably the route I'm going to have to take for right now. I'm on a limited budget, and having a decent amp to practice with and have on-hand for guitar lessons is my main priority. I can always do shitty demos with this amp (unless recording it actually sounds good), and then re-record when I get a better amp/setup in the near future. My needs are somewhat immediate though.

I'm going to go to a couple of music stores this weekend and try out a few of the amps you all have suggested. Everyone has their own preferences, so I guess I just need to play a few and see what sounds best to me and fits my style. But I've listened to samples, recordings done with these amps, as well as random reviews on youtube about each amp... so I think these are all good candidates for under $500.

I'm glad I decided to post here... otherwise, I may have ended-up with a Spider III and might have been really unhappy with it! :D

I'll definitely check out the suggested Roland, Vox Valvetronix, Peavey, and B-52 amps.

If anyone else has any other suggestions to throw into the mix, feel free to shout 'em out!

Wow, that's the first pic I've seen of the production model, pretty bizarre looking! (I guess they're still trying to keep the "fused half-stack" motif)

I think it looks cooler that way actually, looks better than your regular combo.

Meh, I like it with the 2x12 cuz the controls are on the top, but having 'em on the front just looks weird/crammed-in to me...

I'm looking for a tube combo too... What do you guys think about the ENGL Screamer 50w for metal?

Sorry for the meddling, I thought this may be useful for the thread starter too! ;)

I'm looking for a tube combo too... What do you guys think about the ENGL Screamer 50w for metal?

Sorry for the meddling, I thought this may be useful for the thread starter too! ;)

Yeah! How dare you try and steal my thunder?!? Haha, jk. :lol: I'm just taking down notes of all these great amps and suggestions. Hopefully I can find something cheap enough to satisfy my need right now, and then save up for something nicer down the road. Feel free to continue this discussion in whatever AMP suggestions you guys need too. Afterall, it is an open forum.:kickass: