Here's some awesome lead playing and tone

Hmmm... Given that I put a lot of trust into my ears. This sounds like Mike Amott on an off day.

Its mostly the wah notch.... his tremolo picking at the end was shitty though, the entire outro was shitty in fact - again.. sounds like ammot on a super off day.

i might be wrong.. i might be right.. but im never wrong when i say that steele reserve is a FOUL BEVERAGE.

PS - James, your inbox is totally kaput.. i cant reply to you cuz it keeps saying your nuts are full.

J Tyrant.. how could you POSSIBLY think that was Lynch?!?! Again - I'm probably wrong, but my ear tells me it's a drunk/off kilter/heavily fouling Ammot.

Lynch has MUCH more taste/razzmatazz/better tone/note selection/vibrato than this...

Skolnick trying to do his best satriani impersonation .... Almost No vibrato and the fast sections were a little sloppy. Sounds like Skolnick type harmonies ... Id say this is from the Ibanez AxeAttack CD or Concert ....

Da Fukn Guru

Guru... we are not going to hijack another one... Not tonight at least. =)

You give Skolnick WAY too little credit. If you need a reminder, put on practice what you preach, new order, the ritual, souls of black, etc. Skolnick was the SHIT for me when I was... 16? But then Marty and Jason Becker came into my life and I forgot about the Skol. =)

Naa we aint hijacking this one ... but remember the axe attack was just before the ritual came out. About a year after practice what you preach ... Believe me im a Skolnick Fatanitic TO THIS DAY !!!!!!!!! He is my 1 TRUE influence....

It does sounds alot like Amott, but im still sticking to Skol on this one.

Da Fukn Guru

It is Amott and this is a Spiritual Beggars song just can't tell the title right now. I will get back to you guys on this.

Edit: The song is called Look back from the one before their last album On Fire. The new one Demons kicks mucho ass as well, well all their albums do, but Spice-era I like better. Now I can sleep tonight... :D

cool.. i might win something... im not familiar with spiritual beggars but that playing def. felt/sounded like either a bad/off amott, or an early/green one.

Mark Fellatio. At least you ddnt preface your ramblage by saying it was some type of Krank amp with an imaginary friend playing through it.. you are making progress!

It is not an early Amott by any means it is anno 2002. I do think it is much better than anything he did with AE, but that is just me.:dopey:

Well.. if ya consider how clean he is on track2 of new arch at the 1:16 mark - with the full on Loomis diminshed licks (becker licks), yes.. this thing that Felatio posted was sounding like a way off Amott.

It is just a different style, it is not "off" by any means...

If the whole purpose of your band is basically to play '70s music you tend not to pull your tightest diminished licks and shred all over the place. Someone like Loomis or Becker would be lost in a band like Spiritual Beggars.

Fuck if I know, Im not super guitar guy, so, relax... just seems like something all chill and whatever, and didnt seem like Friedman or Gilbert to me, obviously... so, just thinking of 80's shred guys... fuck, maybe its Reb Beach or Warren DeMartini? hahah, doubt it. Does kinda sound like Amott, but, I forgot he was in Carcass... so, the whole "legendary" band thing threw me off.

commandante - Point taken, and if he wanted to do stoner rock, he is more than capable of doing so.. BUT.. it just didnt fit and it made me almost second guess myself into thinking it was not amott....

in fact.. i bet Mike himself is probably not very fond of that particular time capsule of a recorded performance of himself..