Greetings from a FUSION PLAYER

Scott Jones

New Metal Member
Hey there!!

:wave:

A bit about myself:

I'm 37 years old...My life itself has taken some crazy turns (losing my first wife to cancer, back in 1997), and now I am re-married with a 1 year old daughter....life could not be better!

I'm really fortunate...music (playing, writing, recording, arranging) is all I do for a living...

I've been playing for 25 years and the last 13 have been professionally...

My main musical styles are fusion, jazz, blues...but I play just about everything, not to limit myself...

My influences are very diverse, but fusion being the main thing:
Scott Henderson, Mike Landau, Pat Metheny being the main 3...

I taught guitar and theory privately for 4 years from 1992-1996, going to students homes...had to streamline my schedule so I don't do it on a regular basis anymore...

Last year, I was very fortunate to have my CD released on Allan Holdsworth's label, Gnarly Geezer Records...

From that release, I received some great feedback from Steve Vai, Brett Garsed, Derryl Gabel, Shane Theriot, Greg Koch, Rusty Cooley...

This year, I have switched labels to Progressive Arts Music, and have re-released the C.D.

For this re-release, I went back into the studio and wrote 3 bonus tracks, and beefed up the guitar parts and the overall mix, making it a much better disc...(I also enhanced the C.D. with about 80 minutes of bonus mp3s in CD-ROM format, and 3 live video clips)

I was very fortunate to have released this only a couple of weeks ago to some very encouraging reviews... (CLICK HERE TO VIEW)

Though I don't teach anymore, I still have a passion for helping people and if I can do that here in this forum, great!!

Here are some clips of my playing, if anyone's interested:

From my C.D.

Give It Time-Sjones © 2002-FUSION

Other unreleased stuff:

Sjones-Skunk Funk Jam FUSION

Sjones-In a Dream © 2003 Scott Jones PROG INSTRUMENTAL ROCK

Sjones-blues with wah-2-2003 BLUES

Sjones-Sitar solo McLaughlin/Shakti-like JAM

Sjones-Shred Ballad Jam#1 G-3 ish INSTRUMENTAL ROCK

Sjones-slow blues BLUES

Sjones-WAVE-2001 JOE PASS STYLE SOLO JAZZ GUITAR

SJones-country tune BRENT MASON/ALBERT LEE STYLE COUNTRY

Sjones-Shred Ballad Jam #2 G-3 ish INSTRUMENTAL ROCK

Sjones-GIANT STEPS-AUG 2003 CLEAN JAZZ SOLOING...COLTRANE'S TUNE

Sjones-COUNTDOWN CLEAN JAZZ SOLOING...COLTRANE'S TUNE

Sjones-VIBEY-solo-GUITAR HENDRIX/LANDAU SOLO ROCK GUITAR

Sjones-On the Way Down ©2002 MODERN ROCK

Sjones-modern piece for nylon string © 2003 Scott Jones MODERN PIECE

Sjones-smooth jazz jam CLEAN FUSION

Anyway, life's been a challenge, but I am so grateful to be here, and playing music, sharing it with people....I am truly blessed...

Hopefully, I can contribute to this forum in some way...

Peace,

Scott Jones

Aragorth said:

lol .. your amazingly talented at guitar, I like what I heard.
Nice to see you on the board, I think that most everyone should have someone like you around. To know that even if everything seems desparate, (what happend to your 1st wife) to just hang on and everything will get back as good as new or even better than before. You are the positive influence that makes a difference in someones life. I am only 14 and i have lost 2 cousins(that i looked up to) to suicide, they did just the opposite to what you did. I highly respect someone like you ... I hope you stay around