Hertog Jan, the best beer in the world!

7DeadlySins

Keijukainen
Oct 31, 2008
The Netherlands
Mathias "Warlord" Nygård already discovered the best beer in the world, Hertog Jan. Since he really seemed to enjoy the taste of this beer, AndreasS and me gave him a can of Hertog Jan beer during the Turisas gig in 013, Tilburg. (28-01-2009)
And there's more where that came from!

64df9b942ab657b6d58f36a254e89b71image002.jpg

Hertog Jan ("Duke Jan") is a brewery in the Netherlands. Originally Hertog Jan was a brand only, owned by distributor De Kikvorsch in Deest. Under this brand several types of beer were released, of which the top-fermenting beers were all made at the Arcense Stoombierbrouwerij in Arcen. In the early 1980's this brewery had played a major role in the revival of beer culture in The Netherlands. In 1995 it became part of the international Interbrew (now InBev) group and in 1998 was renamed to Hertog Jan Brouwerij. The brewery is named after John I, Duke of Brabant.

If you haven't yet: Try it when you have the chance!

Howdy,

I am only partially hijacking the thread . . .

Is there a mapping of Turisas concerts and beer brand sampled on stage during the show? Maybe even a summary of the live review?

Like:

The Unknown Tour, 2008, Philadelphia -->> Yuengling
Opinion: no idea that Chinese beer was being made in Pottsville, Pennsylvania

I am especially curious what was drank in Canada. I hope it was not Molson Canadian!! The Belgian style beers from Quebec, made by Unibroue, are very good especially the La Fin du Monde.

cheers,
wm_crash, the friendly hooligan

@wm_crash: I don't know if there's a mapping for that, although Mathias said the beer during the American tour was total crap! Here in Holland they often get Dommelsch, which is ok either, but Hertog Jan is the best!

@regje: Cari doesn't like beer either, but she likes Hertog Jan. So you might like it too :D *runs towards you with a can of Hertog Jan beer*

Is there a mapping of Turisas concerts and beer brand sampled on stage during the show? Maybe even a summary of the live review?

Like:

bwahahaha, we should really start that *laughing*
and always note down what mathias states about it *gg*

I completely missed that post *laughing*

@regje: Cari doesn't like beer either, but she likes Hertog Jan. So you might like it too :D *runs towards you with a can of Hertog Jan beer*

but yaps, it is true...i cannot stand beer but think Hertog Jan is okay, so ;)

Yep ... that's what was drunk in Toronto ... :Smug: It's awful.

My story with Molson Canadian is a little bit sad. I was living in Montreal at that time and drove all the way to Kitchener. On the way, I stopped in Toronto see a friend hadn't see in a long time. He was not doing so well at all with money. But out of his poverty, he went out and bought a case of beer just because I was coming over: my introduction to Molson Canadian. I would have rather had chlorinated pool water, but couldn't bring myself to say anything.

cheers,

7209 is great :D great for weird photoshop captions ^^ lets make an off-topic thread about that :rofl:

and I just saw your Salmiakki photo ^^ I almost forgot about it

good times had... (as always during a Turisas gig I might add)

*laughing* captions are always fun to make up :)

(a pity noone seemed to have photographed the reactions on my placard in den bosch XD)

*lol*
i just want some memories on that, not just the ones in my head XD XD

Howdy,

I am only partially hijacking the thread . . .

Like:

I am especially curious what was drank in Canada. I hope it was not Molson Canadian!! The Belgian style beers from Quebec, made by Unibroue, are very good especially the La Fin du Monde.

cheers,

Im sad to say that at the vancouver show 12/19/08 they were given boston brewed beer