Hertog Jan, the best beer in the world!

what?
oh no, why do the venues not stricly only give the bands the local beer? would be way cooler imho!

hertog jan and the beer in frankfurt seemed to be liked aswell...and he likes Guinness if I remember right *thinks back to Dublin*

I love that picture of Warlord with The Hertog Jan logo on his cloths.

Almost makes him look like a God to me XD The God of Beer and Music

the HJ logo fell off btw, i saw it happen :(

Mathias complained about the 'piss' he was given to drink in Paris. We promised to bring him some Newcastle brown next time we see him, it's the only alcohol I've not heard him complain about

I remember when they played the show in Calgary he had three different beers that night. Rickard's Red, Honey Brown, and White. The White (unfiltered summer beer) he basically called shit. Honey Brown decent, but the Rickard's Red he touted as being some of the best from North America. Especially after drinking "straight piss" in the United States.

On an aside, my personal favourite is Gouden Carolus from Belgium. The only problem is that there are only two liquor stores in the city that sell it. It's not a beer I'd drink everyday, more a treat on occasions. For everyday drinking it's usually something like an Erdinger, Killkenny, local Trad, Newcastle, or Rickard's Red (shocking right).

My husband and me, we went to Venlo last weekend and bought some bottles of Hertog Jan.

Somehow it seems to contain a lot of carbonic acid ... and why do they brew a beer to honour a medieval duke (if I translated the Dutch text correctly?!) and put corn into it? :err: Why do they put corn into it at all?

In my opinion - and my husband agrees with me - it tastes quite ok. For us it's neither :puke: nor :kickass: - somewhere in between, definitely no piss ...

... but German beer is still better :headbang:

GERMAN beer better? allow me to laugh my ass off =P

German beer tastes like watered down yellow lemonade (and it even looks the same). No offense to all Germans here, but I for one still have to taste a DECENT German beer. (according to Cari Kolsch should be nice, but I never got a chance to taste it...)

Dutch* and some Belgian** beers ftw!

Warsteiner, König and the lot are deffo not yummy in my humble opinion.

* Heineken and Amstel taste like piss though.
** NOT talking about Stella Artois.

Omg you're so cool!! :cool::rolleyes:

My husband and me, we went to Venlo last weekend and bought some bottles of Hertog Jan.

Somehow it seems to contain a lot of carbonic acid ... and why do they brew a beer to honour a medieval duke (if I translated the Dutch text correctly?!) and put corn into it? :err: Why do they put corn into it at all?

In my opinion - and my husband agrees with me - it tastes quite ok. For us it's neither :puke: nor :kickass: - somewhere in between, definitely no piss ...

... but German beer is still better :headbang:

Because corn is one of the ingredients of beer maybe....?

From wikipedia:

Beer is the world's oldest[1] and most widely consumed[2] alcoholic beverage and the third most popular drink overall after water and tea.[3] It is produced by the brewing and fermentation of starches, mainly derived from cereal grains—the most common of which is malted barley, although wheat, maize (corn), and rice are widely used.

But you're probably not used to it because in Germany the rules are more strict about what you can put into beer and what not (almost nothing in Germany). :)

And sorry but
Belgian beer > Dutch beer > German beer

Well, corn was brought to Europe after America was discovered ... and beer was already brewed hundreds of years earlier - corn just doesn't belong into beer :p I'm old-school^^

And, by the way, I don't like most of the German beers - to me Kölsch is :puke:, Alt is quite close to :puke: :) and then there are these awful mixtures with cola or grapefruit juice - urghs.

But there are some very dark sorts that are pretty nice, they are not like the more common WarsteinerKönigPilsenerVeltinsWhatever-beers.

But my favourite is - and always will be - Guinness :kickass:

@ AndreasS
Heineken was my first Dutch beer ... maybe now you can understand my opinion better ;)

(according to Cari Kolsch should be nice, but I never got a chance to taste it...)

at leats for my taste ;)) but I´ll bring you a bottle next time we meet, forgot it in Nijmegen because of all the trip-hassle -.-

Well in my opinion, Warsteiner is great! Krombacher and Licher are also very nice. But Hertog Jan über alles still! And away with Heineken!

Eurgh! Cari I agree with you on that one, it tastes like someone left an iron bar in stagnant water and the smell:puke:

thats exactly what I think about the taste...I was halfway throwing up when drinking it... :ill:

and I like the story that the water which is used runs just through an area of a graveyard...tastes like it I´d say XD