Hey Billy, can I cover The Hate Tank?

buzzardbutt

I am...Madcheese!
Jan 31, 2007
dallas tx
Hey man pretty soon I'm gonna be doing a record with some friends of mine and when we gig, I was wondering if it'd be cool that I cover The Hate Tank on a live show? :headbang:
Not on the record tho, just the live show.
It's gonna be faster and I've changed the guitar for the chorus.
If you okay it...Fuckin' A bro'!
If not I'll do something else.
thanks dude.
:kickass:

mate, does every cover band in the world ask if they can cover another bands material? ... No. Unless you are going to record it and make profit from it there is no issue in covering it...unless of course by changing the guitar in the chorus you fuck it up completly

hehe...technically, you're supposed to ask...I know that most clubs are supposed to pay ASCAP or BMI a fee for allowing cover bands to play...and a lot of clubs I've talked to say they require cover bands to submit a list of songs they play beforehand to be sure they have paid the required fees...

I've never been in a cover band, so I am not positive on this...I know the responsibility is on the club owners...but how they monitor it, I'm not so sure...

oh I'm not in a cover band, It'll probably be filmed and posted all over myspace by the other members.
Just thought you'd like to know
Even if you were to say no(i know you wouldn't) I'd do it anyway.(kdng)
I just have a lot of respect for Billy and wouldn't want to do anything behind his back.
I've been a fan for years.
I changed the guitar and made it a little darker, and aggresive.
Thanks for the comments though.