[COLOR="Lime"]Funny Billy Stories[/COLOR]

fah-q

Brusque
Sep 7, 2005
New York
I need a break from all of the politically charged posts. I figured now was as good a time as any to share a funny story about Billy.

I think it was during the Gross Misconduct tour, might have been Surfin' MOD. I don't remember, it was 18 friggin' years ago. What I do know is that Blessed Death was touring with them when they came to Rochester, New York. The show was at the Penny Arcade, down by the lake (Ontario). The place is a shit-hole but, at the time they had the best P.A. and soundman in the city. At the Arcade, you could go in before the show, hang, have some pizza and sometimes hang out during soundcheck. By the door where you come in, bands set up their merchandise tables and sell their shit. On this particular night I was up near the merch table, waiting for my food to come up and I see Billy over signing autographs and shit. Billy looks approachable, shaking hands, smiling and goofing around.
This one guy/kid comes up wearing what had to be a freshly purchased Army jacket. The thing looked brand new. Could not have been more than a few days old. He walks right up to Billy, whips out a sharpie and asks Billy to sign his jacket. The kid had a look about him like he was half afraid Billy would say no. When Billy stood up from his leaning position against the merch table and said yes, you could tell the kid was excited. Billy raised his hand and motioned for the kid to turn around. At this point, I had been served my slice of pizza and moved a few feet closer. I was more or less looking at the merch table when Billy started to "autograph" this kid's coat. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Billy draw this big oval shape at the bottom of the coat. Now, he has my full attention, as I am wondering what the fuck he is doing. He draws two or three more of these ovals at the bottom of the jacket.
At this point, the kid's head is about to fall off from trying to turn his head 180 degrees to see what is going on. Now, I am almost standing next to Billy and he has a shit eating grin on his face. He then moves up to just about the top of the coat and draws three arrows pointing down at the ovals he already drew. The kid in the coat, knowing something is up, starts to squirm a little. Billy puts his free hand on the kid's shoulder to steady him. Billy isn't done. Directly above the three arrows pointing at the ovals below, Billy writes QUAL EGGS!!!. Billy then caps the sharpie, hands it to the kid and says something to the effect of "That's an original piece."
By now, the kid hasn't realized he can take his jacket off to see what is on it because, he is almost beginning to turn like a dog chasing its tail. My jaw is wide open, mouth full of pizza, trying to process the situation. The kid mumbles a "Thanks Billy," and stomps off towards the bar. Billy turns, looks at me and says "What?" and then we both bust up laughing.
I'm not sure if Billy remembers the "Qual Eggs" gag or even the Penny Arcade. I do though and it still makes me chuckle. The show was good that night. Blessed Death were good enough to get me to go out and buy Destined For Extinction.

Anyone else have any funny stories about Billy?

I saw MOD open for Testament when they where touring for "The New Order" . During MOD's set Billy was having some aggressive banter between songs with a boisterous fan that was sitting in the upper deck of the venue. At some point during the show Billy exits stage left and then appears in the upper deck where he proceeds to administor a severe beating to said fan. Needless to say I was a fan for life after witnessing that spectacle.