Hey can anyone tell me how to make a pic small enough to put it in as your avatar??

SonsOfNorthernDarkness

Towards The North
Jun 11, 2002
Bronx New York
Visit site
Hey people , I see alot of people with cool pics in there avatars and all I have is that yellow face. I wanted to know if its possible to take a pic on your computer and make it small enough (100 by 100 pixiles or something like that?) to put it in the avatar pic thingy. Thanks I appreciate it. :cool:

Tommy

It's easy to minimise a pic if you have photoshop.

You choose the "image" opition and then "image size" and you put the new number of pixels...

But i have an other problem here. The pictures I've formed for avatars have the appropriate size. But for some reasons the new picture cant replace the old one. Everytime I post it shows that avatar with the green mermaid although in memory there's a link to other picture. :rolleyes:

What should i do about it?

Angelwitch, maybe if you can find a way to delete the old one it will have no choice but to use the new one, or it may just give you a broken link symbol. You could always change the name of the mermaid, and then change the name of the one you want with its old name. These are simply suggestions, I have no idea if they will work, lol.

I had the same problem when my new avatar file carried the same name as the file I wanted to be replaced. I changed the name of the new pic and it would work then.

For the Photoshop programm, you can use Microsoft Paint as well, that's the standard programm, you should have it. For resizing images, it still works although M$ is a fucking despisable shithole...

you don't need photoshop if you have ms photo editor or some other program like that.
i'll tell step by step( 3 steps:D ):

Click image
click resize from the menu
choose the option ''by pixels''

and resize it that's all

It also has to be the right file SIZE...

7k max. Actually 7000 bytes, cause a 7K image is actually too big... :p

In Photoshop, RESIZE to 100 pixels max height & width.

SAVE AS JPG - Compression level 4 or 5, low quality!!!

That's the killer right there.