Hey Dan, have you been contacted by Arjen for the new CD?

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
Hey Dan,

I heard Arjen has already contacted the singers he would like to have on the new Ayreon CD and I was wondering if you've been contacted. It would be incredible to hear your unique voice...

Thanks!

Yeah!! Dan should definitely appear on the new Ayreon. He should use his normal voice and then his killer growls and finally his incredibly powerful falsetos á la Steel!!! Now that would be a one hell of an Ayreon release!!!

I think Arjen is one of those guys who want to experiment with new stuff...
so Dan has already performed on one of his albums, now move forward.

on the other hand... if he comes up with a part that really needs Dans voice, the why the hell not.

I haven´t heard from him. I would love to be a part of it, of course, I have grown as a vocalist since then and after the WD sessions I have a lot more faith in my own abilities. I just recorded a bit of vocals for a project that might never happen, so I will kill you by giving no details what so ever ;) and I did my best Dio/Lande rip-offs then I felt like, wow! fuck! I'm good!! :)

D

NP: Misery Speaks. Good German Death Metal...with me guest growling and guest keyboarding. Like in the good ol days!!!

another one for the obscure projects dan was a part of ;)

Dan Swanö contributed guest lead vocal tracks to a cover version of MOXY's 'Out Of The Darkness' for inclusion on OVERDRIVE and LOCOMOTIVE BREATH guitarist Janne Stark's November 2006 MOUNTAIN OF POWER tribute collection.

Strolled across this through the link for Second Sky on the bloodbath site, neither I nor tumn has ever heard of this project. The song is on www.myspace.com/mountainofpower and sounds pretty solid, it's not much unlike nightingale singing (a bit the same style although i think he did it better on WD). Anything about this stuff Dan? :)

The Moxy cover was really what fueled my "a bit angrier" vocalstyle that was perfected on WD. I did some angry melodic vocals today and I think that bonustrack for Odyssey that will be recorded sometime in the future, will have a piece of that kind of dramatic vocals.

Dan Swanö;6259505 said:
I did my best Dio/Lande rip-offs then I felt like, wow! fuck! I'm good!! :)
Whoa!!! Dan doing the Lande vox? I'd die to hear that. I'm a big Lande fan -- he's one of the greatest singers around, but I like your vocal style better. :)

Dan. If the project doesn't come to pass you have to post those recordings! =D

You have a great, warm and full voice. I think you could use it even more dynamically than you do on NG.

Dan Swanö;6260162 said:
The Moxy cover was really what fueled my "a bit angrier" vocalstyle that was perfected on WD. I did some angry melodic vocals today and I think that bonustrack for Odyssey that will be recorded sometime in the future, will have a piece of that kind of dramatic vocals.

If you sing like on "Hideaway" I'll be all fucken fine.