Hey Everyone

midKnight

New Metal Member
May 14, 2001
hometown.aol.com
A friend of mine, Jim from Exxplorer, recommended to me that I check out
this site, as my previous internet recording group has fallen apart.

My name is Nick, and I play guitar in an 80's metal coverband in So. CA.

I really like the idea of a virtual recording project, as it has allowed
me to meet some really great people, such as Jim, that I never otherwise
would have had the chance to.

So if anyone can give me some info on how to join up with you guys, please
let me know

Thanks!
Nick
Witchnhr3@aol.com

Hey Nick, welcome. This little project was started by Eddies Cellmate, who I'm sure will be replying anytime to this post. So I'll let him brek down all the specifics.
Basically we all pick a tune that we want to do and off we go. Most of it is Maiden.
first the drums, then they get posted to a file sharing site such as myplay, then everyone else grabs the drums records their respective parts. In the end the designated mixer mushes it all together and BAM! we got us a song. haha well it never works out that simple but we've been getting better. Look me up and I'll be happy to tell ya more.
acshigh@aol.com

Hi MidKnight, glad you're interested! :)

Like rabies said, the current website has most of the info you'll need to know to get started. It's in the middle of being redesigned but it should give you a good idea of what we do. In the meantime, if you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me at Eddie's cellmate e-mail or post on this message board. I'm sure the fellas and I will be able to fill in the gaps for ya. Sorry the website's not more useful, but the new one's not done yet and the old one is well....old. :p Don't bother with the MP3 links you find on it, FortuneCity being the snots they are removed them. When the new site goes up, it'll be on a whole new host server.

Anyway, thanks again for your interest. Hope you like it here.

Cheers!

P.S. We (mostly) use a program called N-track to record with. If you download the trial version (N-Track site) make sure to write either myself or Jim and we'll help you get it set up properly. ;)

Yo! Nice to see ya made it!

Simply put, if your interested in doing something right away, you can ask these guys what tunes have been done and what individual tracks are available...

You can always take a song thats already been done and remove one or both guitars from the mix and put in your own version. This would be the fastest way to start tracking. The other thing you could do is post a song suggestion and if you get takers for all the other spots (bass, drums, vox), then you just manage getting everyone coordinated and getting the tracks recorded. Pretty straight forward...

Let me know if ya got any questions....

P.S. Nick is a POD user fellas!! Another well equipped guitarist!