hey guys i finished recording + mixing my solo album

latest news on baliset.net

10/21/03

Maudlin of the Well is officially no more as we have instead decided to change our band name to Kayo Dot to go along with our new cd "Choirs of the Eye" which comes out today on Tzadik!

Toby> Give me a copy for my birthday! I'm an asshole and will hoard it all to myself!!!

OOOOOOH GOLLY! I'm besides myself with excitement. I simply cannot wait for this album. Kayo Dot has already been such a massive inspiration, I must see how Toby's creative mind has evolved yet again.

Toby, have you thought about possibly releasing it on Tzadik's composer series? It would probably be at home in the category.

Hmm... so considering toby writes most of the kayo dot stuff anyway (the general ideas at least), and considering for this solo project he's working with members of the band, i guess we can expect something significantly non-Kayo-Dot-ish in style? i'm assuming that's the reason this is a solo project work.. unless toby just wanted a go at writing all parts? or.. i dunno.. tell me more! this is the first i've heard about it!

and greg has a solo project album in the works too? i'm way behind the times..

this is all very intriguing, i'm eager to hear both