hey hey hey

digitaldemon62

My Hope the Destroyer
Nov 25, 2002
New Jersey, USA
www.deadjournal.com
i'm still trying to get my band started...we're gonna play some good metal...mwhahahahahaha....

with influences like: Opeth, Children of Bodom, Nightwish, Ulver, Naglfar, Sepultura, Death, Mork Gryning, Marduk, My Dying Bride, Forest of Shadows...

and many many other doom and black metal bands...

should be an interesting style...:D

Watch out! It's a nice combo of styles, but you have to be sure that everybody likes almost every style you wrote...

I started a band (2 months ago) with 2 female singers (like tarja) extremely influenced by Nightwish, a "non-defined-style" guitarrist, a male vocalist that loved Halford, another guitarrist influenced by Petrucci, a drummer influenced by RHCP and nirvana (?), 1 keyboard guy influenced by bach, and me (bass) with influences from Jamiroquai to caniibal corpse, including stu hamm and dteve digiorgio....
Needless to say the band lived for 2 weeks....

What happened to the good ol days when people didnt need to put so many damn influences into their band, rather just let come out the personalties of the members, Using influence as a source of delivery only? Oh well, Good luck with the combo ;)

Originally posted by chileanmetal
I started a band (2 months ago) with 2 female singers (like tarja) extremely influenced by Nightwish, a "non-defined-style" guitarrist, a male vocalist that loved Halford, another guitarrist influenced by Petrucci, a drummer influenced by RHCP and nirvana (?), 1 keyboard guy influenced by bach, and me (bass) with influences from Jamiroquai to caniibal corpse, including stu hamm and dteve digiorgio....
Needless to say the band lived for 2 weeks....

:lol:

Soooooooooo familiar :p
I had a band, with me on vocals and bass (bah, the basslines were so easy), with metal influences (just about every type, from Within Temptation to Halford and Judas Priest), then the lead guitarrist, a classical guitarrist influenced by lots of classical composers, but still he listens to rock, PUNK and some metal, then the rythm guitarrost who sucks terribly and listens top hard core, and in the end - the drummer, influenced by Nirvana and drugs :lol:
We had one rehersal :p

After that band fel apart, the lead guitarrist (my BF :p) and I started another one, under the same name, but we lacked the drummer (we had a few options though). We got a keyplayer, a friend of ours who has won several pianist competitions and is the best young pianist in Croatia. Now, he is a great player, great composer, but al he ever did was solos! (I started disliking Children Of Bodom day by day since then). Now all what's left is me on background keys, bass and vocals and the lead guitarrist playing just for our own fun :)