Hey Lady of the Oracle, have you heard anything about this?

Yngvai X

Dark Emperor
Jul 18, 2002
Woodland Park, NJ
www.myspace.com
On the Kotipelto website he says that the lineup of musicians for his next solo album will be "most of the same guys from Waiting for the Dawn." I was just wondering if you had heard anything from Romeo if he had been asked back or whatever to do Koti's 2nd one. I'm not getting my hopes up for it since I know Mike's gotta concentrate on his SyX stuff, but Romeos playing on WFtD completely rocked and I was hoping he'd do the next Koti CD.

I asked Mike about that, & he said that if Timo approaches him about it, he'll gladly participate..but at the time we discussed it (a few weeks ago), he hadn't heard from Timo about it yet.

someone else actually likes kotipelto's solo album? It got totally blasted by everyone, but i personally loved it. Huh. anyone else like it? By the way, i am DEFFINATELY going to purchase the next album... dun care who's on it (though it'd be awesome if mike was because he just kicked the last cd's ass) but timo's voice is good enough to stand alone. How bout a kotipelto a capella (sp?) album!

theodyssey said:
someone else actually likes kotipelto's solo album? It got totally blasted by everyone, but i personally loved it. Huh. anyone else like it? By the way, i am DEFFINATELY going to purchase the next album... dun care who's on it (though it'd be awesome if mike was because he just kicked the last cd's ass) but timo's voice is good enough to stand alone. How bout a kotipelto a capella (sp?) album!

It got blasted? Are you sure you're not thinking of Tolkki's solo album? :p Most people I know really like WftD, I like it more than strato (and not just cause Mike plays on half of it), its got a real cool oldschool Rainbow type of vibe to it. But if Romeo is indeed going to be involved on Kotipelto's 2nd album it will indeed rock hardcore yet again.

naw, i know tolkki's album got shit on by critics and everyone, but no. I have not heard a single positive thing about WftD from anyone other than myself and sabrina (ex gf). You are the first my good friend.

I like Timo's solo album too, though I can't stand the new Strato album... It's good to hear Timo singing the way he wants to, and not too high like he's been told to do with Strato :)
I even saw one of his gigs here about a year ago and it was simply great! I can't wait to hear the new one :Spin:

The Metal Chick said:
I didn't get the album because everyone said it was crap...but I didn't realize that Romeo played so much on it...I am getting this CD ASAP.

Romeo is on 5 songs (out of twelve). But considering that one of those 12 is just a short orchestral intro, and two are acoustic, he does play the majority of the heavy songs (5 out of 9). I also believe he's on the song Kadesh thats only available as a B side on the Beginning single.

I have it, and i don't know...i didn't like it. I havent really listened to it much, so i can't make much judgments on it other than MJR's playing awsome! But Timo's voice kinda irritates me, even when he sings mid-low range. But i'm not Power metals biggest fan so don't take my opinion overly seriously.

The single came out before the cd (what a surprise, huh..?).
There are 3 songs, Beginning, Waiting For The Dawn and Kadesh, and yes, Mike played on Kadesh as well. That's a great song, one of my favorites by Kotipelto :)

I found some info on the new Kotipelto's album :

"The songs for the next Kotipelto album are basically done. Some lyrics are to be written. The band will start to record in September. Most of the guys are the same like on the Waiting For The Dawn album. The album is scheduled for an early 2004 release through Century Media."

Hmm. I started to wonder, is MJR going to be involved with this release?

I truly hope so !!!

I just read from Kotipelto's new site, that Michael Romeo will be on the next album as well! :hotjump:

Makes me want this album even more now...