hey, new here. who likes Cryptopsy??

Phobophiliac

New Metal Member
Jun 11, 2002
Visit site
hey this is my first post and i wanna know what you all think about Cryptopsy. They have been my favorite band for some time now. Meshuggah is also bad motha fuckkin assss. LAmb of God is also sweet. I'm into bands that stress off beats like these bands do. Does anybody know of any other metal bands that do this??

Hey there, welcome to the forums!
I've only heard a couple of tracks by Cryptopsy, but I liked them a lot... really must get round to buying an album by them at some point.
If you're after bands with bizarre time signature changes like Meshuggah, try Cephalic Carnage or even The Dillinger Escape Plan (although the former have more of a jazz vibe and the latter have jazz and hardcore sounds mixed in...

Oh Man, i love cryptopsy, noone can match them and there fucked up songs, NEW IS BETTER! And Then You'll Beg takes a lot of listens to get used to it, Great album.

Welcome...

Cryptopsy is AWESOME. I have yet to see them, but I got all but their first album/demo thing...

Gets better each release.

ay up phobophiliac!! .. im surprised that dill didnt warn you about coming your face being caved in by my overly enthusiastic response about MEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

wooooooooooohoooooooooo!!! more fans!! ..
*favourite band alert!!!!

and cryptopsy ,, NICE ONE MATE!! .. you rule!! ..

also check out as dill said, cephalic carnage, and dillinger, and also candiria, coalesce, origin, kevorkian solution, discordance axis, human remains, suffocation, burnt by the sun,

to Phobophiliac: try Yattering they very alike with last Cryptopsy's cd's. but they have deeper growling vioce. muzic is very fast and chaotic just like Cryptopsy, crazy technics, change of temps and beats. vox like Katalkysm'93-94

I'm not a hug death metal fan, but I agree, cryptopsy rule. So far I just have a bunch of downlaods, but I'm going to cough up the dough for their next album. Speaking of which, when is that going to be? It's been quite a while since their last, no?

I've only heard a few songs but a little more unique than most DM.A warning about that recommendation for Candiria.These guys mix some rap in with the music.Proceed with caution.

The best thing in my opinion that has come out of that freezing country is CRYPTOPSY!!!!!! My faviorate death metal band , Jon Levesseur is my main guitar influence and all of there albums completly kick ass!! I love them so them live in Febuary with the talented Dimmu Borgir and Krisiun , excellent excellent and there new vocalist is perfect!

Tommy "Chaos Ignitor":headbang: