Hey Pyrawarriors

Jan 4, 2004
Well apparently the news got out a few days before we planned, not a big deal. Obviously it goes without saying that we are thrilled to have Matt on board. I promise you all that we will make a kickass album (many more to come), it's the least we could do for your continued loyalty throughout the singer change. A lot of you guys have been here since the very beginning, and that means more to us then you will ever know. This is the next step for Pyramaze, and we feel the fire inside now more then ever.

your humble keyboardist,

- Jonah W-

Nah, I think this look suits him well. Besides, it looks like he's balding a bit on the top of his head (or maybe that's just the pic) so his long hair wouldn't look as good on him as it used to. He looks badass in those pics.

Hmm, I'd forgotton that I had registered here (I usually don't post alot in forums that I visit, I just like to read through them because they're a pretty good source of news). Anyway, I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE that Matt has come back to metal!!!! The funny thing is that I remember when I listened to The Legend Of The Bone Carver for the first time(which was definitely one of the best CD's I had the pleasure of listening to last year) I immediately wondered what the songs would be like with Matt singing them because they seemed really well suited for his voice. No disrespect to Lance, I think he's an awsome singer, it's just that in my opinion Matt is the best damn vocalist who has ever walked on this earth:worship: :worship: :worship:. I don't mean to sound like a little sissy girl, but my eyes were actually a little watery after I listened to "A Question Of Heaven" for the first time, and Matt's vocal performance on that song had alot to do with it. Then on the flip side, listening to "Dante's Inferno" from the Alive In Athens album never fails to send chills right down my spine. I seriously can't comprehend how one man can have so much range in his voice! It's just not human!!!!!! So yeah, Matt back in metal = me in a state of pure bliss!!!!!!!! Damn, I was already really looking forward to the time when I could hold a new Pyramaze album in my hands, but after this news I'm going to be loosing sleep just thinking about it:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: .

PYRAMAZEKEYBOARDIST - I visited the WOA site, had some time to kill and decided to visit the forum. What popped out at me? Matt Barlow joining your band? I have listened to all of your MP3's and am amazed. Matt will be a perfect fit.

Matt is my favorite singer of all time. I was so sad to see him leave the music sceen. I can't even listen to new Iced Earth. I echo Jason369's comments!!! Matt's voice invokes so much emotion.

OMG... MATT IS BACK... Hurry with the new CD... PLEASE !!!!!!

Oh, have never joined a forum.... but had to in order to let you guys know that this is awesome!!!!

Cheers!!

I don't mean to sound like a little sissy girl, but my eyes were actually a little watery after I listened to "A Question Of Heaven" for the first time, and Matt's vocal performance on that song had alot to do with it.

On Alive in Athens, Matt's performance on A Question of Heaven is simply awesome. There's so much emotion in it, and I've still never heard anything quite like it. It's unbeatable. So, no need to feel like a sissy girl. Haha.

Pyramaze has always been awesome. But, I dare say, it will reach new levels with Mr. Barlow. I can't wait. I wonder if there's any chance of some clips being put up on the site of Matt doing a few of the older tunes... Man, I hope so.

As far as Matt's hair - Do you have any idea how long it would take to grow it out that long again? I know, I've cut mine twice, and the regrowth is long and a pain in the ass. Plus, if he's still going to be a cop, I don't see it happening. And in any case, he looks pretty badass with a shaved head.

Man, I had to talk myself out of the possibility that Matt mgiht be joining the band, because I figured it was just a pipe dream. Imagine my excitement when I found out it's actually happening!

My favorite vocalist of all time together with one of the greatest bands to hit the scene in over a decade? This is EPIC!

Man, I had to talk myself out of the possibility that Matt mgiht be joining the band, because I figured it was just a pipe dream. Imagine my excitement when I found out it's actually happening!

My favorite vocalist of all time together with one of the greatest bands to hit the scene in over a decade? This is EPIC!

Epic... yes epic was the word I've been looking for to describe this situation. It indeed is epic! \m/ :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

:lol: I won't think any less of ya :) Welcome aboard
On Alive in Athens, Matt's performance on A Question of Heaven is simply awesome. There's so much emotion in it, and I've still never heard anything quite like it. It's unbeatable. So, no need to feel like a sissy girl. Haha.

Thanks guys, I guess I can stop hanging my head in shame now:cool: :lol:

As far as Matt's hair - Do you have any idea how long it would take to grow it out that long again? I know, I've cut mine twice, and the regrowth is long and a pain in the ass. Plus, if he's still going to be a cop, I don't see it happening. And in any case, he looks pretty badass with a shaved head.

I think the general rule of thumb is that it takes about 4 years to grow your hair all the way down to your ass, but like you said I don't see Matt doing that because he's still a cop and I'm sure that they have some sort of dress code or something. God I hate dress codes. I hate them so very, very much (I'm just a little bitter because I'm in the military and it kind of annoys me to have to go get a hair cut every 2 weeks:mad:) But yeah, he does look pretty badass with that shaved head.

Forget about Matt growing his hair back- he has to keep it short for his "real" job! I think he looks truly evil with it short! I mean that in a good way....