Matt is still in pyramaze!

I am sure that Jon Schaffer won't leave Matt the choice of staying in Pyramaze too.

Matt will do the vocals for the new Pyramaze album because so it was planned some months ago and after that he will be a full member of Iced Earth only.

I hope that my predictions will not come true, but...

Agreed.
Still speculating here. The more i see this for what it seems to be... the less i like it.If Matts intentions are to do this one cd w/ Pyramaze then move on back to IE -then fine.But the guy has not even finished recording & releasing a new cd w/ Pyramaze & now this story of his return to IE?

Whoever is responsible for announcing this is showing a complete lack of respect for Pyramaze.The attention should be on the recording & release of Pyramazes next cd.
I only hope Pyramaze was not being used here??? It wouldn't be the first time ...so goes the music bizz.

Agreed.
Still speculating here. The more i see this for what it seems to be... the less i like it.If Matts intentions are to do this one cd w/ Pyramaze then move on back to IE -then fine.But the guy has not even finished recording & releasing a new cd w/ Pyramaze & now this story of his return to IE?

Whoever is responsible for announcing this is showing a complete lack of respect for Pyramaze.The attention should be on the recording & release of Pyramazes next cd.
I only hope Pyramaze was not being used here??? It wouldn't be the first time ...so goes the music bizz.

You know that Ripper has a band "Beyond Fear" right? Jon will let Matt juggle.
Jon put the news up. Its not to diss Pyramaze. Not to mention Matt can and will still record for the new album set in the spring. Seeing as how Revelation Abomination: Something Wicked Part 2 will be pushed back.
It would be unfair to Ripper to have the news hanging over him without a public announcement for weeks or months on end.

You know that Ripper has a band "Beyond Fear" right? Jon will let Matt juggle.
Jon put the news up. Its not to diss Pyramaze. Not to mention Matt can and will still record for the new album set in the spring. Seeing as how Revelation Abomination: Something Wicked Part 2 will be pushed back.
It would be unfair to Ripper to have the news hanging over him without a public announcement for weeks or months on end.

Yeah...knew about Rips Beyond Fear,I was a bit disappointed w/ it to be honest, but I think he is a great singer!

Jon will let Matt juggle??? So now he's controlling 2-bands-i don't see it.Matt should finish what he started w/ Pyramaze even if its a 1-time cd.
I still think the timing was bad!

:lol: I agree. I don't see how this disrespects Pyramaze in any way. What's Jon supposed to do, just wait until after the Pyramaze album comes out and then breathe a big sigh of relief and say, "oh yeah, BTW, Matt has been back in IE for the last few months" :p

:headbang: Hey ! Can't wait to listen to him on your album! :)
I hope that both informations are true! the one with him rejoining Iced Earth and the one with him staying in Pyramaze!:headbang:

:kickass:

I have to say I hope Matt is with Pyramaze for the long term future, I'm a big IE fan and I'm chuffed to bit's that Matt is returning to the IE fold but as a relatively new convert to Pyramaze I'd be gutted if his commitments to IE now curbed his future with this band

I have to say I've only just discovered what an outstanding band Pyramaze are and have had both Melancholy Beast and Legend of the Bone Carver in constant rotation on the stereo with IE's Framing Armagedon sandwiched in between. :headbang:

I'm gutted that due to personal circumstances going on in my life that I missed the band at Bloodstock in 2006, I'll always regret not seeing this band with Lance on vocals. Hopefully I'll get to see them with Matt behind the mic at some point in the future, maybe we should start the campaign now for Pyramaze at Bloodstock '08?

I hope this band goes on producing such stunning albums well into future years, I for one will be following for as long as they're around.:Smokedev:

I am sure that Jon Schaffer won't leave Matt the choice of staying in Pyramaze too.

Matt will do the vocals for the new Pyramaze album because so it was planned some months ago and after that he will be a full member of Iced Earth only.

I disagree, Tim did Beyond Fear while in Iced Earth. I think John understands the need for his musicians (I won't sugarcoat the fact that everyone works for him) to still fulfill their creative outlets outside of Iced Earth, and that he has to allow for that.

???????

Maybe we should wait to hear what Matt has to say?

Yes you should not think the worst of ppl like jon and matt, and let it unfold on it's own. They know what they are doing ( they have been doing this for some time you know :lol: ) ! and for matt leaving pyramaze .... i thought this thread was called : " Matt is still in pyramaze! " :lol: , are you telling us jonah's lying :lol: ?

I really hope that doesn't happen, because Pyramaze DESERVES some limelight much more that IE. I mean, I like IE and everything but...I think it'd be pretty dick of someone to drop a band like that. But then again, who knows what Schaffer will demand since he was willing to just kick out Tim at the drop of a hat to let back in Matt... But in any case, lets just keep out fingers crossed that none of the aforementioned happens, yes? :)

The funny thing about this whole affair is that in the end, IT IS JON's BAND. It always has been. If I had the opportunity to recruit superior musicians and vocalists to better my band, i'd fire the whole lot of them and hire the new ones. If I felt like a member was causing friction in a group or not giving it his all for WHATEVER reason, i'd kick him/her out.

The bottom line is, these people who join Iced Earth know they are working for Jon. He doesn't owe them anything. It is his music. If he kicked Barlow out again because he wasn't giving it his all, then so be it.

Now if this was a band that was started with the intent of a collaberation in all respects, creatively and so forth, then it would be wrong of Jon to say he had the right to do it. In this case, he does. It is his band and it is his music.

Whining about how messed up he is, in my opinion, is laughable. He does what he feels is right for his vision. If that vision changes as the years go by and it requires different people, then he has to follow it regardless of people's feelings or egos. I know I would.

The funny thing about this whole affair is that in the end, IT IS JON's BAND. It always has been. If I had the opportunity to recruit superior musicians and vocalists to better my band, i'd fire the whole lot of them and hire the new ones. If I felt like a member was causing friction in a group or not giving it his all for WHATEVER reason, i'd kick him/her out.

The bottom line is, these people who join Iced Earth know they are working for Jon. He doesn't owe them anything. It is his music. If he kicked Barlow out again because he wasn't giving it his all, then so be it.

Now if this was a band that was started with the intent of a collaberation in all respects, creatively and so forth, then it would be wrong of Jon to say he had the right to do it. In this case, he does. It is his band and it is his music.

Whining about how messed up he is, in my opinion, is laughable. He does what he feels is right for his vision. If that vision changes as the years go by and it requires different people, then he has to follow it regardless of people's feelings or egos. I know I would.

Well said!

Just read on the IE page that Matt will continue his job as a police officer.
That's going to be very, very difficult to have a job and 2 bands he must do some shows with.
IE might cut back a little on the touring...but still.
I am sure that Matt will keep his promise an make the album and do some shows with Pyramaze, but I can't help and worry for the Pyramaze production after that....Matt has a family after all.